Specialized Epic and "THE BRAIN"

Old March 9th 06, 07:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush

Default Specialized Epic and "THE BRAIN"

Who knows details about *drum roll please* "The Brain"!!! ???

It's expensive, that's all I know.

Old March 9th 06, 03:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

LIBERATOR wrote:
Who knows details about *drum roll please* "The Brain"!!! ???

It's expensive, that's all I know.

I do.
Maybe if you'd stop being such a crossposting troll and contribute
something meaningful to the group I'd even share my experiences.

Matt
Old March 9th 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

The brain? isnt so complex Has a "thing" inside and when there is a
bump it opens the oil chamber up and you get open suspension.

There are 2 bikes with brains; epic and stumpjumper. One is race tuned
and one is trail.

Old March 9th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Viet Nguyen" wrote in message
oups.com...
The brain? isnt so complex Has a "thing" inside and when there is a
bump it opens the oil chamber up and you get open suspension.

There are 2 bikes with brains; epic and stumpjumper. One is race tuned
and one is trail.

Isn't the new brain tunable?

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old March 10th 06, 01:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

LIBERATOR wrote:
Who knows details about *drum roll please* "The Brain"!!! ???

It's expensive, that's all I know.

Add this, the Epic has something you lack. Look between the
parenthesis in subject title, if you can.

JD

Old March 10th 06, 02:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

LIBERATOR wrote:
Who knows details about *drum roll please* "The Brain"!!! ???

It's expensive, that's all I know.

Add this, the Epic has something you lack. Look between the
parenthesis in subject title, if you can.

JD

You didn't use yours in this post either - they're called "double quotes".

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old March 10th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Zilla wrote:
"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

LIBERATOR wrote:
Who knows details about *drum roll please* "The Brain"!!! ???

It's expensive, that's all I know.

Add this, the Epic has something you lack. Look between the
parenthesis in subject title, if you can.

JD

You didn't use yours in this post either - they're called "double quotes".

Touche', my tar heeled friend.

JD

Old March 11th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush

"LIBERATOR" wrote in message
ups.com...
Who knows details about *drum roll please* "The Brain"!!! ???

It's expensive, that's all I know.

It's expensive, I've got one and it's anything but smart lol! My brain had
an aneurism and fox still can't fix it. This round it lasted a whole two
rides. Told Specialized I was just riding along it just stopped working : )
May work for some, but not me I guess.

Shaun Bell

Old March 11th 06, 05:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,alt.music.rush

Shaun Bell wrote:
"LIBERATOR" wrote in message
ups.com...
Who knows details about *drum roll please* "The Brain"!!! ???

It's expensive, that's all I know.

It's expensive, I've got one and it's anything but smart lol! My brain had
an aneurism and fox still can't fix it. This round it lasted a whole two
rides. Told Specialized I was just riding along it just stopped working : )
May work for some, but not me I guess.

Shaun Bell

Glad you said that, I just test rided one at Bicycle Village in Aurora
on Havana, and it seemed to work there as I assaulted the rock gardens
in that parking lot, even the ones that aren't navigable - and I went
right over them. Then I used a Trek Fuel and I couldn't clear the one
which the rocks are hard shaped like pyramids & sharped edged, but I
felt better on the Trek bicycle, it seemed to understand body
positioning and balance better than Specialized did. I didn't feel as
comfortable on the Specialized as I did on the Trek Fuel.

I don't think I'd buy a Epic Brain, as you've said it isn't sound
technology, and it's new lacking perfection. But that I could clear the
rock garden (and it's fiercely un-navigable) with the Brain, and not
with the Fuel, if this says anything.