How long would you last alive on a bike like this?

Old January 23rd 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

Default How long would you last alive on a bike like this?

Says the sales pitch...

"Street Legal As long as you don't put a motor on the Rhoades Car,
it's use is governed by the same laws as a regular bike. It's legal to
drive on any road that an ordinary bike travels."

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/nav-spec.htm

Here's a picture...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/jumpshow.htm

So suppose you get your sweetheart on board and decide to take a
sightseeing ride around our busy streets --perfectly legal-- how long
would it take for some of those "beasts" out there to swallow you
whole?

I'm tempted to buy one.

Definetely you are gonna need a T-shirt like this...

"You never know what kind of hungry beast you may find in there. Oh,
also take some water."

http://www.zazzle.com/never_shirt-235120826900039020

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(many new styles)
http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Old January 23rd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

I hope you get a better picture here...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Old January 24th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
dgk

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:46:21 -0800 (PST), donquijote1954
wrote:

I hope you get a better picture here...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Looks good. It looks more useful for a park than a road though.
Old January 24th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Dave

wrote:

I hope you get a better picture here...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Looks good. It looks more useful for a park than a road though.

Its only like those that you get at Butlitz and other holiday camps and
Blackpool etc.

Dave

Old January 24th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

wrote:
I hope you get a better picture here...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Looks good. It looks more useful for a park than a road though.

I have a dream... That someday people will go sightseeing in their
neighborhoods in vehicles like this.

And the dinosaurs will be gone with the wind...

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...UV-7300cxt.gif
Old January 24th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc, alt.planning.urban, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides, uk.rec.cycling
donquijote1954

wrote:
I hope you get a better picture here...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Looks good. It looks more useful for a park than a road though.

Well, it's a car, no balance, and much more comfort than a bike. It
could be an alternative vehicle.
Old January 24th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

wrote:

I hope you get a better picture here...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Looks good. It looks more useful for a park than a road though.

If it's manoeuvrable and can be fitted with lights, etc, I see no reason
why it shouldn't be used on a road.

cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk
Old January 24th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Papa Tom

These have actually been around for quite a while. I had a similar vehicle
made by another manufacturer. In theory, it was a great idea, until one day
I had to drive it off the nice, flat road that runs in front of my house.
Even with the full-throttle calf power of myself and my wife, we couldn't
get up even a tiny hill without gasping for breath and wailing in pain.

Looking at this picture got me psyched to own one again. However, as Luke
said, I think I would approach it as less of a local transporation vehicle
and more of a toy to bring to the local park. The only problem is, it costs
as much as that new two-seater automobile they're selling in India!

Old January 24th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

wrote:

I hope you get a better picture here...

http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Looks good. It looks more useful for a park than a road though.

If it's manoeuvrable and can be fitted with lights, etc, I see no reason
why it shouldn't be used on a road.

Steering wheel is on the wrong side for the sceptred isles.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and restart
body.
Old January 25th 08, 09:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tadej Brezina

wrote:
I hope you get a better picture here...
http://www.rhoadescar.com/store/navx2.htm

Looks good. It looks more useful for a park than a road though.

Where's the point for a cyclist in trying to look like a car? *)
And be probably almost as heavy as a car, have almost the drag of a car, ...
People unable to hold balance on a two-wheeler have better designs
(trikes) at their disposal than this.

regards
Tadej
--
"Vergleich es mit einer Pflanze - die wächst auch nur dann gut, wenn du
sie nicht jeden zweiten Tag aus der Erde reißt, um nachzusehen, ob sie