The best editorial I have ever read about the "cult of biking"(especially mountain biking)...

Old February 9th 13, 04:44 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default The best editorial I have ever read about the "cult of biking"(especially mountain biking)...

The best editorial I have ever read (from 2010) about the "cult of biking" (especially in regards to mountain biking)...

Editor’s Turn

By Allan Classen

Editor & Publisher
"They have equated more bicycle commuters with fewer cars on our streets, less petroleum consumption and fewer greenhouse gases. Amen to that, but in their evangelistic fervor, they assume that more bike riding anywhere*even in a fragile, over-used wilderness park*is a benefit to all. When you’re holier than thou, you assume your excrement doesn’t stink, I guess. Bicycle zealots adhere to a higher law than mere ordinances of the city or state."
http://www.portlandmercury.com/image...8917-page3.pdf