Versus/Comcast commercials cutting off show?

Old July 9th 09, 11:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Versus/Comcast commercials cutting off show?

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:41:41 -0700, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com
wrote:

So you wouldn't mind them cutting to a commercial break in the World Series
just as the winning grand slam was achieved?

Actually, Tom, I wouldn't notice. I'd be in the kitchen getting a
beer. If we're watching the World Series, either my father-in-law or
my son is over to the house, and they can fill me in with the boring
details.

I think the last World Series I watched involved the Yankees and the
Pirates, sometime way back in the last century.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old July 9th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Sometimes they're in commercial and have to show you the exciting bit
after they come back from break. But the team running the show is
usually savvy enough to not do things like schedule a break during the
obviously crucial segments: opening and closing laps, likely pit
windows, etc.

I think TSN in Canada has flirted with showing F1 races where they
split the screen during the ads, showing the silent race feed on one
half of the screen while trying to sell me scantily clad women (or
some such) on the other half.

I remember once in the 80's I was watching an NBA game and a fight started
so they cut to commercial. They came back from commercial live without
thinking and they refs were sorting things out. It was still a bit tense
and the first thing broadcast was an image of one player screaming at a ref
"He threw the first ****ing punch man!"

The window thing is a good idea, if budgets for bicycle race broadcasts
were bigger they could do that and it would mollify the 1%, a little.

I wonder if there will ever be an option to buy premium broadcast where for
a fee you can watch it without commercials.

If you had scantily clad women driving the cars, they could sell you things
as they raced. Fans would be chosen at random from the stands to
administer cpr after crashes.

--
Bill Asher
Old July 10th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On 8 Jul 2009 22:27:20 GMT, William Asher wrote:

It sucks being elite since everything runs for the masses.

And the broadcasters couldn't care less about you because they know
that you'll watch anyway.

Personally, I have DirecTV, so I miss the extra Comcast commercials,
and I think the coverage is fine. If I had to pick the best sports
broadcasting duo in the whole of sports, I'd choose Phil and Paul.
They do a fantastic job. I can live with commercials because they pay
for the broadcast. Better them than me.
Old July 10th 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:48:28 -0700, "Mark J."
wrote:

Seems to me that's odd even by Versus/OLN standards.

Comcast owns Versus, so they can do whatever they want.
Old July 10th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 06:50:40 -0400, wrote:

I think the last World Series I watched involved the Yankees and the
Pirates, sometime way back in the last century.

Bill Mazeroski.
Old July 10th 09, 07:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Ryan Cousineau likes this.

Facebook should have a "This sucks" option.

On the microscopic chance you're not kidding, there's some really good,
friendship-non-destruction reasons why they don't.

Just check out my "pregnant women should drink more" post on fb to
discover that workarounds for the lack of a "this sucks" button have
been discovered.

OT-help with AOL-comcast Qui si parla Campagnolo Techniques 15 August 19th 06 01:58 PM
Worst commercials of the TdF Joe Cipale Racing 27 July 26th 06 09:48 AM
TdF commercials Veloise General 9 July 23rd 05 01:53 AM
Bored with OLN commercials Mad Dog Racing 16 July 18th 05 04:17 AM
The Lance Commercials - re-edited psycholist Racing 10 May 18th 05 11:51 PM