Will Contadore obey JB?

Old July 8th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Will Contadore obey JB?

wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 09:58:08 -0400, wrote:

Well, I don't know but often JB tells us, as he did in today's
interview, specifically that the decision to push it yesterday "came
from the car".

Well, a contra view would be the JB has now set up LA to help AC
without sacrificing a podium chance. If you feel AC has the win in his
legs, get LA safe time whenever you can. I'm neutral on LA, and even
with 5 minutes in hand, I don't see him beating AC. So get him 3-4
minutes and a secure second or third on the podium and THEN he races
for AC.

LA has a bad day in the mountains ahead. Preparing for it makes sense.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

I can't see LA being interested in a podium place unless it's on top.
Regardless of being gone for 3 1/2 seasons, a goal of 2nd or 3rd means
nothing after you've won it 7 times.
Old July 8th 09, 09:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Michael Press wrote:
Ask me a difficult one.

You must be the rbr sex consultant expecting queries on how
rbr posters can get laid.

Old July 8th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
Ask me a difficult one.

You must be the rbr sex consultant expecting queries on how
rbr posters can get laid.

Money & power

OR

Hygiene

--
Michael Press
Old July 10th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 23:21:33 -0500, z wrote:

I can't see LA being interested in a podium place unless it's on top.
Regardless of being gone for 3 1/2 seasons, a goal of 2nd or 3rd means
nothing after you've won it 7 times.

Assuming that Armstrong is going to finish, second or third is better
that fourth or fifth. I guess that he want to finish as high up in
the standings as he can. No matter what happens, nothing can take
away what he has accomplished. After all, Eddy Merckx finished sixth
in 1977 and he's the greatest bike racer who ever lived.
Old July 10th 09, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jul 10, 3:30*am, Jack Hollis wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 23:21:33 -0500, z wrote:
I can't see LA being interested in a podium place unless it's on top.
Regardless of being gone for 3 1/2 seasons, a goal of 2nd or 3rd means
nothing after you've won it 7 times.

Assuming that Armstrong is going to finish, second or third is better
that fourth or fifth. *I guess that he want to finish as high up in
the standings as he can. *No matter what happens, nothing can take
away what he has accomplished. *

I don't think that will be true until 2012, when the 7 year statute of
limitations kicks in for his 7th Tour victory.

-ilan
Old July 10th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_4_]

ilan wrote:
On Jul 10, 3:30 am, Jack Hollis wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 23:21:33 -0500, z wrote:
I can't see LA being interested in a podium place unless it's on top.
Regardless of being gone for 3 1/2 seasons, a goal of 2nd or 3rd means
nothing after you've won it 7 times.

Assuming that Armstrong is going to finish, second or third is better
that fourth or fifth. I guess that he want to finish as high up in
the standings as he can. No matter what happens, nothing can take
away what he has accomplished.

I don't think that will be true until 2012, when the 7 year statute of
limitations kicks in for his 7th Tour victory.

-ilan

Dumbasses,

I told you guys that Garmin would take second in the TTT.

I said that Garmin would take 3rd in Stage 2. OK, I screwed
up on that one, they got 2nd.

I'm telling you now, LANCE will take a consolation prize.
And that prize will have polka dots. Just like it did for
Hinault.

Bob Schwartz