Damn - Jens down!

Old July 21st 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Default Damn - Jens down!

Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...jured-in-crash
Sounds serious.

Looks serious: http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...d?q=jens+voigt
Old July 21st 09, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Jul 21, 11:28*am, Susan Walker
wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
That was nasty. Sliding at 75 kph on his front. *Looked like there was
a transition in the pavement and he crossed it right on the centerline
paint.

There was a wobble in the road.http://nl.tinypic.com/r/33n926f/3

The video takes some interpretation. He's at the back of a group, not
pushing the pace at all, just barely begining to turn in for the right-
hander, dry conditions, good pavement. If you watch the guy in white a
couple of riders in front of him, he gets booted off his saddle by the
bump but doesn't lose control. Jens is barely tilted over when his
front wheel shoots out as if he hit black ice, no time to react at
all. Looks like he just shifted his weight on the bike at the wrong
moment, as he hits the bump. You can see his butt come off the saddle,
shifting all his weight up front right as he hits the slippery white
line, causing his front wheel to lose traction.

I thought at first he'd had a front tire blowout, but it's just a
slip. Really bad luck. I had a similar accident a lower speed and I
lost three teeth and nearly broke my jaw, hope avoided the same.

Brad Anders
Old July 21st 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_3_]

Susan Walker wrote:
Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...jured-in-crash
Sounds serious.

Looks serious:
http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...d?q=jens+voigt

Ugh. Best wishes to Voigt.

Old July 21st 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Chagney Hunt

On Jul 21, 2:42*pm, Susan Walker wrote:
Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...jured-in-crash
Sounds serious.

Looks serious:http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...d?q=jens+voigt

Awful and painful to watch. He slid along the asphalt without any
moving his head one centimeter after impact. I thought half his face
was scrubbed off.
Old July 21st 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:42:16 +0200, Susan Walker
wrote:

Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...jured-in-crash
Sounds serious.

Looks serious: http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...d?q=jens+voigt

Yes that blood clot on his forehead doesn't look, hopefully the blood
dripped from his nose. Not much consolation but at least he doesn't
look too badly scratched.
Old July 21st 09, 09:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

It's looking more like either he was shifting his left hand as he hit
the bump, or the bump knocked his left hand off the bars. Regardless,
it was his hand coming off that caused the accident, that's why the
guy ahead of him didn't go down, he kept his grip.

Makes more sense. I was beginning to think French roads were slicker
than snot.
Old July 21st 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

wrote:
Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...jured-in-crash
Sounds serious.

Looks serious:http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...d?q=jens+voigt

Yes that blood clot on his forehead doesn't look, hopefully the blood
dripped from his nose. Not much consolation but at least he doesn't
look too badly scratched.

More blood loss these days since hematocrit levels are down, though LA
didn't lose any blood when he broke his collarbone, makes you
wonder....

-ilan
Old July 21st 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
Susan Walker wrote:
Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...jured-in-crash
Sounds serious.

Looks serious:
http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...d?q=jens+voigt

Ugh. Best wishes to Voigt.

I'll second that motion.

Old July 21st 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Paul B. Anders wrote:
http://tour-de-france.velonews.com/a...jured-in-crash
Sounds serious.

Looks serious:http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...d?q=jens+voigt

Awful and painful to watch. He slid along the asphalt without any
moving his head one centimeter after impact. I thought half his face
was scrubbed off.

Very painful to see those photos and watch the video. The way he was
twisted on the bike so his face and chest were being pushed into the
pavement...poor *******. I read he busted the bone under his eye. He
lost consciousness - I hope he doesn't have any bleeding on the brain.

Next time some pussy footballer/NASCAR-douche/Wreckage a-hole starts
mouthing off about how tough their sport is, show them what a real
tough guy risks.

I expect Saxo to dedicate something significant to Jens.

Old July 22nd 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:47:26 -0700, "Robert Chung"
wrote:

Ugh. Best wishes to Voigt.

He probably wont remember it. Just as well.

Jens Voigt says Contador should/will win the Giro caffetrieste UK 0 May 28th 08 10:55 PM
Jens! Mark Fennell Racing 1 March 11th 07 12:04 AM
Jens Voigt... bob sullivan Racing 4 August 14th 06 06:14 PM
Jens S.t.e.v.e. Racing 17 July 17th 06 03:50 AM
TdF: Spoiler: Jens Defends his jersey Simon Brooke UK 18 July 12th 05 11:36 PM