Boycott Garmin's products

Old July 23rd 09, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default Boycott Garmin's products

Zeno wrote:

On Jul 22, 2:10*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Zeno wrote:
On Jul 22, 8:48*am, Dumbass wrote:
Garmin's manager coldly said that he screwed Hincapie because he
answered to his sponsors.

Yeah, right, Garmin's karma got a tremendous boost by denying
Hincapie, arguably one of the most popular figures in US cycling, the
yellow jersey.

What the **** does being a "nice guy" have to do with anything (a 'nice
guy' like that blood doper Tylenol, you mean?)

I didn't say a word about "being a nice guy." Magilla, you are
obviously confused. Time to cut back on the bananas.

You said "popular" which is sort of a synonym for nice guy. Surely if a guy
were a douchebag, he wouldn't be popular, correct? But let's go with
popular then....what does being "popular" have to do with other teams and
pros letting him get the yellow jersey?

Pro cycling isn't third grade kickball.

Magilla

Old July 23rd 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
I'm glad Hincrapie didn't tget the yellow jersey. He never won Paris
Roubbaix, never wore the yellow jersey.

Dumbass,

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photo...our061/DV84299

Bob Schwartz

Hincrapie only took the yellow jersey because Thor was sliced open and bleeding to death:

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/photo...D_06TDFstg1010

Also, you gotta ask yourself what wearing the yellow jersey on stage 2 actually means. It's kind of
like leading the New York City marathon in the first 500 meters and wanting recognition for that.

Magilla

Old July 23rd 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Zeno wrote:

On Jul 22, 2:26*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
Zeno wrote:
On Jul 22, 8:48*am, Dumbass wrote:
Garmin's manager coldly said that he screwed Hincapie because he
answered to his sponsors.

Yeah, right, Garmin's karma got a tremendous boost by denying
Hincapie, arguably one of the most popular figures in US cycling, the
yellow jersey.

What Matt White really wanted to say: *"That idiot Vaughters called me
on the cell and said under no circumstances was I to let LA & Johan's
bosom buddie George get in Yellow. *He's the boss. Now I have to cover
up for that pointy headed idiot's lame vendetta by taking all the heat
by making up incredibly lame excuses

You have no evidence Garmin did that to intentionally screw over
Georgio. * You're just repeating nonsense that others have tossed out
there without having any direct knowledge and then trying to make it
appear you have direct knowledge...like you're a ****ing insider when
it's clear you are not.

Stop acting like a douchebag. *Nobody gave a **** either way about
George's yellow jersey, nor should they have cared even if they knew.
What exactly would Georgio have "won" anyway if you concede that the
teams had to gift it to him in order for him to win it? * Doesn't sound
too prestigious to me. *It almost sounds pitiful, especially considering
George would have lost it the following day anyway.

Gay-ass people in here.

Magilla

I didn't claim to have insider knowledge (another straw man), I was
just drawing an obvious conclusion. And the only "nonsense" I was
repeating was my own.

White's explanation made no sense and he was clearly uncomfortable
making it. Garmin gained nothing by chasing the break. Hincapie had
no shot at the podium when Garmin went to the front.

The up until now camera hog Vaughters has been uncharacteristically
silent. His whining, squinty eyed antipathy towards all things LA and
his desire to dump on him every chance he gets is well known. He is
the boss at Garmin. If you think he would miss a chance like that to
stick it, you are naive.

It's not an "obvious conclusion." Garmin said they did it to keep Wiggins
safe. End of argument. White's explanation was later confirmed by Garmin
and Vande Velde and it made perfect sense to me.

Even if they were riding against George, who gives a ****? The next thing
you're gonna tell me is you also think NFL linebackers try to hit the wide
receivers or quarterback on the other team really hard so they fumble the
ball.

What's your point?

I'd be the first one to jump on Anorexic Drew Carey if the circumstances
called for it, but riding against someone ON ANOTHER TEAM in a pro race is
not one of them. Stop acting like you have a vagina.

Magilla

Old July 23rd 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:23:28 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

This is exactly my point.....what the **** does wearing the yellow
submarine for one day in the middle of the Tour actually mean? Does it
mean you are 1/7 as good as Thomas Voekler?

Not enough for Hincapie's own team to give up a stage victory.
Old July 23rd 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
drmofe

On Jul 23, 2:48*am, Dumbass wrote:

So, boycott the products of his sponsors.

Just a brief question on the logistics of this boycott...

If I never purchased anything from the sponsors companies, not
intended to do so, or had even heard of any product that they
manufactured, how could I participate in this boycott?

Can you give some sort of indication - I mean if it was Phonak, even
though I have good hearing, don't have any elderly relatives that need
hearing aids, I could still go out and make fun of deaf people,
right? So, what's the equivalent for Garmin-Slipstream? Falsifying
Google Maps directions or something?
Old July 23rd 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:26:36 -0400, MagillaGorilla
wrote:

What exactly would Georgio have "won" anyway if you concede that the
teams had to gift it to him in order for him to win it? Doesn't sound
too prestigious to me. It almost sounds pitiful, especially considering
George would have lost it the following day anyway.

Gay-ass people in here.

Magilla

It's not uncommon in bike racing when riders are given "gifts" by
other riders. Did Frank Schleck really win Stage 17 today?

I don't know of any other sport where this happens.
Old July 23rd 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

wrote:

This is exactly my point.....what the **** does wearing the yellow
submarine for one day in the middle of the Tour actually mean? Does it
mean you are 1/7 as good as Thomas Voekler?

Not enough for Hincapie's own team to give up a stage victory.

They weren't actually going for the victory, just trying to win the sprint (and
Green Jersey points avaiable) for the best of the rest. Cav & co. were more than five
minutes behind the stage winner.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old July 23rd 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
Zeno wrote:

On Jul 22, 8:48Â*am, Dumbass wrote:
Garmin's manager coldly said that he screwed Hincapie because he
answered to his sponsors.

Yeah, right, Garmin's karma got a tremendous boost by denying
Hincapie, arguably one of the most popular figures in US cycling, the
yellow jersey.

What Matt White really wanted to say: "That idiot Vaughters called me
on the cell and said under no circumstances was I to let LA & Johan's
bosom buddie George get in Yellow. He's the boss. Now I have to cover
up for that pointy headed idiot's lame vendetta by taking all the heat
by making up incredibly lame excuses

Then Matt White does not have the sense that should
go with being the guy on the scene. Do what is right,
then beg forgiveness later. It has to be worth it
if only to see Jonathan foaming at the mouth.

And, yeah, I _have_ done things that had the boss
at 210 over 130, nor do I regret them.

--
Michael Press
Old July 23rd 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Zeno wrote:

[...]

That is as may be. You, on the other hand,
are entirely detached. None of it matters to you.

--
Michael Press
Old July 23rd 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:40:05 -0700, Michael Press
wrote:

That is as may be. You, on the other hand,
are entirely detached. None of it matters to you.

--
Michael Press

Cynics create their own private hell. Fact remains that getting yellow
goes on the palmares and those follow the rider. Having yellow also
gives a rider a better chance at a higher salary the next season, it
gets endorsements. So, while it may not be any more important than
leading a marathon for a mile, it's seen as such by others and it pays
financial and moral dividends. In the TdF there's additional 'perks'
if a French rider gets yellow for 7-10 days, since he becomes a
permanent national hero, also winning a stage on Bastille day confers
similar advantages. But winning yellow once is probably not a whole
lot different than winning twice, except for the freshness of memory,
etc.

When you're 60 looking back, it's also a nice memory to have. Now,
George has a lot of good memories, so hopefully he'll get over this
and be back.

Garmin's boat anchor - AKA David Millar weighs down VdV's TdFChances. Lindsay Racing 4 June 25th 09 11:02 PM
Garmin's New Race Strategy [email protected] Racing 1 June 5th 09 11:49 AM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Mountain Biking 0 August 8th 06 05:22 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Rides 1 July 26th 06 11:17 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Mountain Biking 1 July 26th 06 10:46 PM