Weird Bike Sighting of the Week

Old June 28th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Weird Bike Sighting of the Week

Longtime readers may remember my previous submissions in this category:
a bike with a wooden frame, and one with a toilet plunger handle standing
in for the seat post. Oddly, I saw both of those oddities along the same
stretch of road.
And now, on the SAME stretch, another one. This one was (for the
moment) a pretty ordinary bike, except for the rear tire.
There wasn't one. Fool was riding on the bare rim. I wonder how far
he got?

Bill

| Eighty percent of the people in the world are fools |
| and the rest of us are in danger of contamination. |
| -Horace Vandergelder |
Old June 28th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

And now, on the SAME stretch, another one. This one was (for the

sure it's not the same guy?
Old June 30th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 06:40:03 -0400, Middle D wrote:

In 1980 I was working at a pizza place. I got off work about 2:30 a.m.
One morning on the way home I got passed by a guy driving a car with
no front driver's side wheel.

No tire. Now wheel. So basically he was driving on three tires and a
brake rotor.

I know how far he got ... it was in the newspaper the next day.

In the 1960's Candid Camera did a bit with a French speaking
Frenchman driving a Citroen, with its self-leveling suspension, on
only three wheels. They filmed his animated interview with a Texas
State Trooper. IIRC, they were arguing whether it was possible to
drive on three wheels despite the fact the guy had been driving on
three wheels when he was pulled over.

CHiPs apparently also did a segment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_DS
--