LANCE is going to win

Old July 22nd 09, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

Default LANCE is going to win

On Jul 22, 6:17*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
Contador is an incredible rider. However, I'm a US Citizen and want
another US Citizen to win this race.

I've never understood this kind of stuff, especially from fans who
have seen the riders up close for years so can develop a better
understanding of who each rider is and what he truly represents, not
just his country of origin. If you adhere to this line of reasoning,
you end up like all the French rabble which cheered Virenque on all
these years.

-ilan
Old July 22nd 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jul 22, 8:49*pm, ilan wrote:
On Jul 22, 6:17*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

Contador is an incredible rider. However, I'm a US Citizen and want
another US Citizen to win this race.

I've never understood this kind of stuff, especially from fans who
have seen the riders up close for years so can develop a better
understanding of who each rider is and what he truly represents, not
just his country of origin. If you adhere to this line of reasoning,
you end up like all the French rabble which cheered Virenque on all
these years.

-ilan

It's also the citizen part which I especially don't understand, for
example, all those African athletes who are given quick French
citizenship to participate on the French Olympic team and cheered on
by the French even though the poor athlete can hardly even speak
French.

-ilan
Old July 22nd 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul B. Anders

On Jul 22, 11:49*am, ilan wrote:
On Jul 22, 6:17*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

Contador is an incredible rider. However, I'm a US Citizen and want
another US Citizen to win this race.

I've never understood this kind of stuff, especially from fans who
have seen the riders up close for years so can develop a better
understanding of who each rider is and what he truly represents, not
just his country of origin. If you adhere to this line of reasoning,
you end up like all the French rabble which cheered Virenque on all
these years.

You do realize I was channeling the "LANCE fan" and actually don't
give a **** what country the riders are from, right? I don't even like
LANCE, I just like how much he ****es people off.

Brad Anders

Old July 22nd 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jul 22, 8:55*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Jul 22, 11:49*am, ilan wrote:

On Jul 22, 6:17*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

Contador is an incredible rider. However, I'm a US Citizen and want
another US Citizen to win this race.

I've never understood this kind of stuff, especially from fans who
have seen the riders up close for years so can develop a better
understanding of who each rider is and what he truly represents, not
just his country of origin. If you adhere to this line of reasoning,
you end up like all the French rabble which cheered Virenque on all
these years.

You do realize I was channeling the "LANCE fan" and actually don't
give a **** what country the riders are from, right? I don't even like
LANCE, I just like how much he ****es people off.

Brad Anders

I didn't realize that, sorry then. You should tone down your sarcasm
so people can understand it, it's 9pm here and I've had a hard day.
Alternatively, should do that using one of your pseudonym accounts,
for example, I made up the "keith" account just so I could to troll
all the LANCE fans, and the rest of rbr as it happens.

-ilan
Old July 22nd 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
ilan wrote:

On Jul 22, 6:17Â*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
Contador is an incredible rider. However, I'm a US Citizen and want
another US Citizen to win this race.

I've never understood this kind of stuff, especially from fans who
have seen the riders up close for years so can develop a better
understanding of who each rider is and what he truly represents, not
just his country of origin. If you adhere to this line of reasoning,
you end up like all the French rabble which cheered Virenque on all
these years.

Did you stop reading for understanding there?

--
Michael Press
Old July 22nd 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
ilan wrote:

On Jul 22, 8:55Â*pm, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:
On Jul 22, 11:49Â*am, ilan wrote:

On Jul 22, 6:17Â*am, "Paul B. Anders" wrote:

Contador is an incredible rider. However, I'm a US Citizen and want
another US Citizen to win this race.

I've never understood this kind of stuff, especially from fans who
have seen the riders up close for years so can develop a better
understanding of who each rider is and what he truly represents, not
just his country of origin. If you adhere to this line of reasoning,
you end up like all the French rabble which cheered Virenque on all
these years.

You do realize I was channeling the "LANCE fan" and actually don't
give a **** what country the riders are from, right? I don't even like
LANCE, I just like how much he ****es people off.

Brad Anders

I didn't realize that, sorry then. You should tone down your sarcasm

It is burlesque; not sarcasm. Do not make me start a
thread on distinguishing one form of humor from another.

--
Michael Press
Old July 23rd 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:51:00 -0700 (PDT), ilan
wrote:

It's also the citizen part which I especially don't understand, for
example, all those African athletes who are given quick French
citizenship to participate on the French Olympic team and cheered on
by the French even though the poor athlete can hardly even speak
French.

-ilan

If some guy from Algeria, or another former French colony in Africa,
wants to participate for France and the IOC says it's OK, then why
shouldn't he. What's more, why shouldn't the French support him?
After all, he's French.

It's a natural thing to root for athletes, or teams, from your own
country. It's also a natural thing to overlook a countryman's
shortcoming here and there. Besides, shortcoming are in the eyes of
the beholder and just because some people think that an athlete is an
ass hole, doesn't make it so.