Durability Of Velocity Aerohead Rims In 20/24 Hole Drillings.

Old November 16th 10, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Francis Krygowski - World Class

"DirtRoadie" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 11:26 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Ad hominem attacks do not work on these newsgroups

If you say say so [.]

Note that my post was discussion of content. It was therefore not ad

hominem while yours seems to be.
Try to keep that straight

Posting a longwinded message that no one will read is a form of aggression
and amounts to an ad hominen attack on the entire membership. Try to get
real. This is Usenet, not a college seminar.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 16th 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
James[_8_]

Default Passing other cyclists

On Nov 16, 11:01*am, Jobst Brandt wrote:
Pete Cresswell wrote:
Um, I do the "on your left thing".

See? **That's* how long since I've done it.... -)

It used to be a way of proving one is not a beginner, because all this
bike jargon comes easy. *Most of it came over from GB where it's "on
your left" and what the wanna-bes said a few years ago. *Keep up the
good work.

Jobst Brandt

I'd normally only call out in a race when our bunch is overtaking a
slower bunch from a lower grade, and we say "A grade. Stay left".
Out training or riding socially, we'd just move around any cyclist we
caught when safe to do so, I often say hello as we pass.

JS.
Old November 16th 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default DirtRoadie - Lack of Character?

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 11/15/2010 12:19 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Mr. Vandeman has never harassed anyone in his life. Rather, he has been
the
one harassed by criminal idiot asshole mountain bikers.

Nonsense. Mr. Vandeman has a history of contacting his opponents
employers with complaints.

I believe this is the first rank falsehood Mr. Sherman has ever been guilty
of. Mr. Vandeman is a gentleman and a scholar and does not resort to thug
tactics. If he has ever contacted an opponent's employer, it has been in
retaliation from first having been attacked or threatened with bodily harm.
Mountain bikers are well known for being criminal thugs.
[...]

Old November 16th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"DirtRoadie" wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

...I must admit I have had my disagreements with Frank
but he is a saint ...

So glad you feel that way. Frank needs some friends. Hell, Frank need

ONE friend. Now can you address the CONTENT of what either he or I
said?

No, I am not interested in your content, but I am interested in how you
relate to others. Frank did nothing to deserve your vicious attack. If you
can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

Old November 16th 10, 05:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 11/15/2010 12:06 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:

[...]

And why do you persist in stalking me? My "anonymity?" No, you don't
do the same for the vast majority of posters who use pseudonyms.
I must have hurt you real bad, bro.
Can't say that I'm sorry since I have nothing to apologize for.

I point out the use of a pseudonym on the part of "DirtRoadie" since he is
obviously using it as cover to behave in a manner he would not want to be
acknowledged for in real life.

Mr. Sherman and I just plain don't like members who resort to attack using a
pseudonym. I have no objection at all if you attack using your real name. In
fact, I thrive on that.

Old November 16th 10, 06:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
DirtRoadie

Default Play to the audience

On Nov 15, 10:40*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

This is Usenet, not a college seminar.

Pretty hard to argue with that.
Old November 16th 10, 06:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
DirtRoadie

On Nov 15, 10:59*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Mr. Sherman and I just plain don't like members who resort to attack using a
pseudonym. I have no objection at all if you attack using your real name. In
fact, I thrive on that.

Even if "Tom Sherman" and "Ed Dolan" were not fictitious names, I do
not share you religion and have no intention of converting.
DR
Old November 16th 10, 06:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
DirtRoadie

Default Morer Stalkers

On Nov 15, 10:54*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

No, I am not interested in your content,

'Nuff said.
Old November 16th 10, 09:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Chalo

Default BMX Parts for other uses

Tom Sherman wrote:

Chalo Colina wrote:
[...]
BMX bikes, which are totally impractical in their own right for people
over about four and a half feet tall, have contributed a few welcome
features to the mix. *The bars are a tremendous fit aid for some
people and purposes, they were the first with faceplate stems, and
pedals conceived for BMX have gotten some traction (so to speak) among
all other bicycle species. *Many of the best fat street tires for MTBs
are 26" versions of 20" freestyle predecessors.

Chalo inexplicably forgets to mention how useful fat freestyle slick
tires and quality wide rims are for general use folders and recumbent
bikes and trikes.

I just incorporated both those things (freestyle slicks and stout 20"
rims) into a cargo trailer.

Chalo
Old November 16th 10, 09:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Chalo

Default New Orleans streets, was Durability Of Velocity Aerohead Rims In20/24 Hole Drillings.

Duane Hebert wrote:

Chalo wrote in message

New Orleans is one of the most rewarding places I
can think of to ride a bike, but if I lived there I would want a dual
suspension bike with armored tires.

Born and raised in NOLA and spent a lot of time on a bike that
I would guess you would call an impracticable bike. *

That would be "impractical". The variation is Mr. Beattie's. And I
don't know that I'd call your bike that, because I don't know what you
ride.

Aside from
the hot,hazy,humid weather, didn't have much of a problem. *Guess it
depends on where you ride.

Since the flooding of 2005, most street surfaces are really bad in the
parts of New Orleans that interest me. Austin and Seattle (where I
lived for a number of years) both have serious deferred maintenance
issues with street paving, but neither one can hold a candle to the
Big Easy in that regard.

Despite sensible restrictions on glass containers in public, there is
still quite a bit of broken glass on the streets in NO.

Chalo