smelly clothing

Old July 21st 05, 08:02 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
I read that the Tibetans only bath once a year and they cover themselves
in yak fat year around in order to ward off the cold. Now there is a
sensible people!

Regarding Yak Fat (tm) to ward off the cold:

This is a problem I've rarely had while cycling. I checked with Nashbar
and Performance. They don't sell anything with Yak Fat (tm). And believe
me the last thing I need to drape myself in is fat of any kind. I'm
already equipped with a built in supply. Its not Yak Fat (tm) but if I
wore a fur coat I'll bet you couldn't tell the difference at 20 feet. I'll
bet if those Tibetans lived here and dined regularly on McDonalds they
wouldn't need Yak Fat (tm) either. Shame on you for endorsing a culture
whose real crime is under consumption of fast food, American fast food at
that. If everyone went out and simply got Yak Fat (tm) clothing then
nobody would need fast food, our economy would collapse, and there'd be no
money to fight our war. Sure that's good for me and my type but you aren't
thinking this through Ed.

Well, this is what happens when your inferiors like Jeff Grippe try to be
funny.

The Tibetan yak fat thing was a throw away line that referenced your concern
about being smelly. The Tibetans use the yak fat in order to ward off the
cold, but you can imagine how it must smell. But the Tibetans are a sensible
people because they are not concerned all that much about how they smell.
They only bath once a year even though covered in yak fat. They would rather
be warm and smell than be cold, clean and not smell. Got it? Yet?

But hey, if other idiots here think you are funny, then go for it. But the
trick will be to amuse me - and I am not easily amused because I am cursed
with a great intelligence.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old July 21st 05, 08:03 PM
Jeff Grippe

Big Ed Said,

However, I warn you, God and I do not suffer "preversions" lightly.

Of course god suffers perversions lightly. Your existence is proof of that.

As far as what you do, few of us care frankly. In that respect we are like
god ourselves. We listen to you (well read actually) but actually we could
care less. At this point it is amusing to see what you are going to say
next.

And that's "Mr. New York Secular Jew" to buddy.

Old July 21st 05, 09:01 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Why would anyone ever want to be closer than several arm lengths away from
others anyway? Unless you are engaged in intimate sexual relations, you do
not need to concern yourself with others.

C'mon Ed, I'm a lib-er-al. Me and my type are sexually intimate with
anything animate so we have to mask our smell so that we can attract the
human ones and not be detected by the non-human ones (which we have to
sneak up on and catch).

My motto from my backpacking days which applies equally well to a long
bike tour is

"If it moves, **** it. If it doesn't move, eat it."

The above is something only a New York Secular Jew would think and say, let
alone write for all to read. I offer my services as your censor for only
$20. an hour. I guarantee to make you look decent and civilized.

The purpose of sex is to make babies - period! Unless you are engaged in sex
for the purpose of making a baby, then you are perverted and worthy of
burning in Hell for all eternity. All good Catholics know that much. As I
sit at the right hand of God Almighty, I will advise Him on what to do about
you when you come before the pearly throne. However, I warn you, God and I
do not suffer "preversions" lightly.

Big Ed Said,

However, I warn you, God and I do not suffer "preversions" lightly.

Of course god suffers perversions lightly. Your existence is proof of
that.

As far as what you do, few of us care frankly. In that respect we are like
god ourselves. We listen to you (well read actually) but actually we could
care less. At this point it is amusing to see what you are going to say
next.

And that's "Mr. New York Secular Jew" to buddy.

I have posted the entire previous message to which you are replying at the
top so that others can know what you are talking about. Unlike you, I am not
ashamed of anything I post and I want others to read and ponder everything I
write with full understanding. I do not take shortcuts which impoverish the
reader and leave him wondering what is being referenced.

I think I answered your crude attempt at humor (If it moves, **** it.)
rather well. What you needed to do was to apologize to the group for your
vulgarity, but that is something a New York Secular Jew will never do.
Arrogance prevents it.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old July 21st 05, 09:14 PM
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I think I answered your crude attempt at humor (If it moves, **** it.)

If you are going to quote me then get it right Eddie

"If it moves, **** it. If it doesn't move, eat it"

Words to live by my boy.

NYSJ, over and out! Make that Arrogant NYSJ!

Old July 21st 05, 11:01 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

Jeff Grippe wrote:

my tee-shirts acquire a permanent ammonia odor which I can't
seem to wash out. When I launder the shirts they smell fine
but when they get even a little wet the ammonia odor surfaces.

According to Dr. Mirkin, it could be from an infection, or from eating
too much meat:

http://www.drmirkin.com/morehealth/8831.html

Old July 24th 05, 12:14 AM

Personally if they ever made a shower head for my camelback, I'd buy one.
Then I could shower while riding. Hmmm, there's a project for the weekend.
Too bad I'm busy. Maybe you can work on it Ed. Let me know if you come up
with something.

I was riding on a real hot day with a camel back and no water bottles.
I blew into the mouthpiece then held it over my head and squeeze the
mouthpiece to open it up. The water came out onto my head in a little
stream and cooled me down.

Old July 25th 05, 01:51 AM
Jeff Grippe

Awwww. Ya just ruined ED's new business venture.

Forget the Camelback Showerhead idea Ed.

oups.com...

Old July 25th 05, 02:20 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message
Awwww. Ya just ruined ED's new business venture.

Forget the Camelback Showerhead idea Ed.

Only idiots top post, even if it is only to your lame brain previous
message.

But Jeff Grippe is headed to the bottom of the barrel as I knew he would be
from day one. He is just not up to our high standards. Soon he will be at
the level of Slugger - nothign but a bottom feeder.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

oups.com...

Old July 28th 05, 09:41 AM
Peter Clinch

Jeff Grippe wrote:

I am a major league sweater and I have found that my tee-shirts acquire a
permanent ammonia odor which I can't seem to wash out. When I launder the
shirts they smell fine but when they get even a little wet the ammonia odor
surfaces.

Any suggestions?

Stop wearing cotton Ts and start wearing fabrics designed to shift sweat
away from your body while not building up bug problems.

X-Static fabric has silver coatings on the fibres designed to make them
resistant to bug colonies forming, Merino wool tends to be resistant to
that sort of thing naturally. If the word "wool" makes you think of
cold weather clothing then note that a fine Merino top is quite a bit
thinner than a cotton T so shouldn't overheat you. You can get them
from good outdoor suppliers (though probably check hiking sections
rather than cycling) and they're one of the current best of breed for
comfortable base layers.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK