That Dam Ride - Youghiogheny River Trail, Weekend of Sept 10-11, 2005

Old August 15th 05, 03:35 AM
Grande News

Default That Dam Ride - Youghiogheny River Trail, Weekend of Sept 10-11, 2005

This is not a "recumbent event" but thought I would pass along the info.

This ride is an overnight bicycle ride to Confluence with camping included
at the Youghiogheny River Dam Corps of Engineers Campground. The Ride
follows the packed limestone Youghiogheny River Trail which is part of the
Great Allegheny Passage, the Cumberland to Pittsburgh Trail. Travel at your
own pace adjacent to the beautiful river valley, through small towns,
historic sites and stretches of unpopulated wooded areas.

I've ridden most parts of the trial over the last 5 years, but have never
done the whole trail on a single trip. It's beautiful scenery and a mostly
flat ride following the Youghiogheny River.

Info can be found at: http://mysite.verizon.net/thatdamride/index.htm

Any other recumbent riders planning on attending?

Old August 15th 05, 07:58 PM
Jeff Grippe

I rode this trail this summer. It is a delightful ride. I have some pictures
that can be viewed online. If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post the
URL. The Yough trail is wonderful. I wish I could participate in this ride.

Jeff

Old August 16th 05, 02:51 AM
Grande News

Here's another web site that hes extenive info on the trail, and the
surrounding area.
http://mysite.verizon.net/lennoxx0458/index.html

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:58:00 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
wrote:

I rode this trail this summer. It is a delightful ride. I have some
pictures
that can be viewed online. If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post
the
URL. The Yough trail is wonderful. I wish I could participate in this
ride.

Jeff

Please post the URL.

Mike

Old August 21st 05, 05:28 PM
Jeff Grippe

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:58:00 -0400, "Jeff Grippe"
wrote:

Please post the URL.

These pictures are of the Western Maryland Rail Trail, The Mon River Trail
in West VA, and the Yough River Trail.

The ones toward the end are the Yough between Ohiopyle and Confluence. The
ones in the beginning after the Western MD Rail Trail are the Yough between
McKeesport and West Newton.

http://groups.msn.com/GrippesPhotos/...05.msnw?Page=1

Enjoy,

Jeff

Old August 21st 05, 06:18 PM
db.

wrote:

Please post the URL.

These pictures are of the Western Maryland Rail Trail, The Mon River Trail
in West VA, and the Yough River Trail.

The ones toward the end are the Yough between Ohiopyle and Confluence. The
ones in the beginning after the Western MD Rail Trail are the Yough between
McKeesport and West Newton.

http://groups.msn.com/GrippesPhotos/...05.msnw?Page=1

Enjoy,

Jeff

Nice pics a lot of rails has been taken out of NYS, and black topped.
Old August 23rd 05, 03:27 AM
Grande News

Great Photos - I'm glad you shared them.

Looking forward to this ride. I was born in Confluence and grew up in
Sutersville, PA and Harpers Ferry, WV.