Bauer Trisalu experience

Old August 21st 05, 04:04 PM
Brian Millson

Default Bauer Trisalu experience

On Tuesday this week I got a Bauer Trisalu tadpole upright.

http://www.pantherbike.de/pages/spez...t_spezial.html (click on
thumbnail at bottom)]

I really like it and have done 80 kilometres so far. The handling is
interesting, in the first 300 metres I fell off twice but since then only
twice more. I had never ridden a cycle before but I have done a lot of
horseback riding including eventing and hunting and it is rather different
as on a horse you sit into the turn. With the Trisalu I have put weight
against the turn. Loads of bicycle paths in this part of the world
(Dutch/German border) and I must say I prefer the flat ones to the cambered
ones. Climbing a hill has been different, but I have got used to it.

Mostly positive comments from people, especially cyclists but I did have a
fag smoking, beer bellied woman in her 20's give me a bit of a sneer.
Really did not bother me, as I felt rather morally superior to her.

People have pointed out that a recumbent would be more stable for me and I
agree but the primary use I will put the cycle to is going out and meeting
people around our workplace (we employ about 2,000 on site) and recreational
cycling with my family. It is good to be at eye level.

I am really enjoying this (BTW I am 52). One of my best friends has also
taken up cycling this week. He wondered whether he should opt for 2 wheels
or 3 and has decided for 2 but sad to say I do not think that he has managed
a kilometre this week. But I wish him the best for the future and our
families intend to go cycling together next month.

Only problem I am having is finding a suitable helmet-I take a size 65 (8)
and I found one that was long enough but not wide enough. Does anyone know
where I could get a large bike helmet???

Just a thought-a number of people have mentioned to me that they would love
to cycle but do not have the balance or confidence to go on 2 wheels and
have ended up walking-I wonder how common this problem is?-I always thought
that I was the only one!

Brian

Old August 22nd 05, 02:29 PM
James Prine

That is an interesting-looking trike, Brian. I have never seen one
like it, or even close to it, over here in the States.

Good luck with it, and with finding a proper helmet for your cycling
adventures.

("Wenn Gott zu Rolle Mann gewollt hätte, hätte Er ihm Räder gegeben.")

-- big grin

James in New Orleans