Assos

Old April 17th 04, 02:54 PM
Ross

Default Assos

Hello,

What is everyone's experience with buying Assos products as far as sizing?
Do you tend to buy strictly as advertised by height or do Assos products
tend to run a little bigger or smaller or shrink or stretch over time? Just
looking for some info before I spend some tax money! I'm 5' 9.5" and weigh
160-163 so according to the Assos sizing I should be large...any siggestions
comments would be welcome!

Thanks!

Ross in San Antonio, texas

Old April 17th 04, 07:00 PM
NeauDL

I am 5'6" tall and the medium is the right size for me (bibshorts). If I were
much taller, I would not like the straps pulling over the shoulder. They are
designed to have tension in the straps when you're standing up, and then you
have only a little tension when riding. The shorts themselves do not fit very
tightly, because they rely on the shoulder straps to keep them in position.
For me, the sizing guide was correct. I share your concern about sizing in
general, however, wearing a medium in Assos and Pearl Izumi and a small in
Descente and Nike.

L. D. Lide
Old April 17th 04, 11:30 PM
Ken

"Ross" wrote in
:
What is everyone's experience with buying Assos products as far as
sizing? Do you tend to buy strictly as advertised by height or do Assos
products tend to run a little bigger or smaller or shrink or stretch over
time? Just looking for some info before I spend some tax money! I'm 5'
9.5" and weigh 160-163 so according to the Assos sizing I should be
large...any siggestions comments would be welcome!

Modern high end synthetic cycling gear does not stretch or shrink. You sound
like you'd need a large (both tops and bottoms), but there is some amount of
personal perference in sizing and shoulders and waists and quads can vary
between people with the same weight and height. If you're not sure, try them
on before buying.
Old April 18th 04, 12:28 AM
Bilphma

get the large..i am exactly your size and purchased the mediums...a little
snug...i should have gotten the larges.

Old April 19th 04, 02:38 AM
Paul Southworth

In article ,
Ross wrote:
What is everyone's experience with buying Assos products as far as sizing?
Do you tend to buy strictly as advertised by height or do Assos products
tend to run a little bigger or smaller or shrink or stretch over time? Just
looking for some info before I spend some tax money! I'm 5' 9.5" and weigh
160-163 so according to the Assos sizing I should be large...any siggestions
comments would be welcome!

I am 6'1" and 170 pounds and found that Assos just doesn't fit like
PI, Castelli and others I have tried. The XL was just tall enough in
the straps, but the ass was baggy and the legs were too tight. I don't
understand how a "pro" clothing line can be apparently designed for
chicken legs and a fat butt, but that's what it seemed like to me
compared to other popular stuff I have tried. My legs are not so huge
either compared to many. I had to return it.