Stolen postings?

Old December 20th 05, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Stolen postings?

I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely familiar.
In fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings that have
been copied then disguised by random transposition of letters in keywords.

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

Sheldon "Is Jobst Really 'Tsunami'?" Brown
| My mind is aglow with whirling, transient |
| nodes of thought careening through a cosmic |
| vapor of invention! --Mel Brooks |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Old December 20th 05, 03:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Sheldon Brown wrote:

I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely familiar. In
fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings that have been
copied then disguised by random transposition of letters in keywords.

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

Sheldon "Is Jobst Really 'Tsunami'?" Brown

I have no idea, "angelx".

--
Benjamin Lewis

Now is the time for all good men to come to.
-- Walt Kelly
Old December 20th 05, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Benjamin Lewis wrote:

Sheldon Brown wrote:

I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely
familiar. In fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings
that have been copied then disguised by random transposition of letters
in keywords.

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

Sheldon "Is Jobst Really 'Tsunami'?" Brown

I have no idea, "angelx".

Heh. I'm "fat free pork"...

Old December 20th 05, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article ,
says...
I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely familiar.
In fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings that have
been copied then disguised by random transposition of letters in keywords.

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

It sure *looks* like someone trying to jump-start their web forums
through massive copyright infringement. I imagine if you give it
enough time to be indexed by Google, it will appear to be a large,
successful set of bike forums.

Then what? Ads? Spam to those who are fooled into signing up?

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Old December 20th 05, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Benjamin Lewis wrote in
:

Sheldon Brown wrote:

I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely
familiar. In fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings
that have been copied then disguised by random transposition of
letters in keywords.

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

Sheldon "Is Jobst Really 'Tsunami'?" Brown

I have no idea, "angelx".

Cool. I salhl hecnefotrh be knwon as "1888."
Old December 20th 05, 06:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Hank Wirtz wrote:

Benjamin Lewis wrote in
:

Sheldon Brown wrote:

I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely
familiar. In fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings
that have been copied then disguised by random transposition of
letters in keywords.

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

Sheldon "Is Jobst Really 'Tsunami'?" Brown

I have no idea, "angelx".

Cool. I salhl hecnefotrh be knwon as "1888."

And I shall call myself "skelhorne"

Who *are* these douchebags?
--
Live simply so that others may simply live
Old December 20th 05, 07:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called ....

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

Suspicious
If you check the date and time the posts were created, these indicate
that the posts were created (or perhaps) uploaded through a program.

Archie A.

Old December 20th 05, 11:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

In article , Neil Brooks
) wrote:
Hank Wirtz wrote:

Benjamin Lewis wrote in
:

Sheldon Brown wrote:

I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely
familiar. In fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings
that have been copied then disguised by random transposition of
letters in keywords.

Anybody got any idea whazzup with this?

Sheldon "Is Jobst Really 'Tsunami'?" Brown

I have no idea, "angelx".

Cool. I salhl hecnefotrh be knwon as "1888."

And I shall call myself "skelhorne"

Who *are* these douchebags?

They are , apparently

Here, little Spambot...

It would appear apparent, to me at least, that dinosaurs were largely
burrowing creatures.
Old December 20th 05, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Sheldon Brown wrote:
I received an invitation to join a "new forum" called
http://www.biketalks.com/

When I glanced at some of the postings they seemed strangely familiar.
In fact, they seem to mostly be rec.bicycles.tech postings that have
been copied then disguised by random transposition of letters in keywords.

That letter replacement and it's lack of formatting for replies makes it
*really* hard to read. Here's a good example: "Now load both wehels
radially, i.e. Therefore by putin each one on a bike." And there's no
indication which part of each post is quoted, and which part is the reply.

Can that compete with the real thing? I hope not.

--
Dave "EdDx"
dvt at psu dot edu
Old December 20th 05, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Neil Brooks wrote:
Hank Wirtz wrote:
Benjamin Lewis wrote in
:
Sheldon Brown wrote:

Sheldon "Is Jobst Really 'Tsunami'?" Brown

I have no idea, "angelx".

Cool. I salhl hecnefotrh be knwon as "1888."

And I shall call myself "skelhorne"

Hey, they gave me a pretty cool name: "EdDx." Close enough to Eddy for
me. Maybe I'm not quite a cannibal, but...

--
EdDx "the carnivore"

Great Money Making Opportunity gh General 0 March 24th 05 03:55 AM
If you've had a Brompton stolen... Tony Raven UK 22 February 28th 05 10:53 AM
Stolen recumbent recovered Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 9 March 6th 04 09:48 AM
Stolen recumbent recovered Kit Wolf UK 4 February 28th 04 05:26 PM
Parkinson's Survivor Trike Stolen Cycle America/Nat. Bicycle Greenway General 0 December 9th 03 06:10 AM