Mercian

Old August 29th 08, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat[_2_]

Default Mercian

I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.

*JOY*

Gino has been left there. He is having cosmetic surgery. He will be returned
to me a bright Kingfisher Flamboyant, and will have silver decals.

He should be ready for me in 4 - 6 weeks.

*EXCITEMENT*

Old August 29th 08, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.

Every time I see one of those frames I just *want*.
Old August 31st 08, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

On Aug 29, 9:27 pm, Tosspot wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.

Every time I see one of those frames I just *want*.

I saw a restored Mercian finished in a deep plum red flamboyant paint
at the camp site at Llanidloes during my Lon Las Cymru ride. I wanted
it badly. I could barely maintain eye contact with its owner as we
exchanges pleasantries and details of our rides.

The bike was simply gorgeous.

Meanwhile I'll make do with a Dave Yates finished in retina searing
orange for my next bike. It's currently acquiring components as I
build it up for the new Audax season...
Old August 31st 08, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 02:04:24 -0700 (PDT), vernon
said in
:

I saw a restored Mercian finished in a deep plum red flamboyant paint
at the camp site at Llanidloes during my Lon Las Cymru ride. I wanted
it badly. I could barely maintain eye contact with its owner as we
exchanges pleasantries and details of our rides.

I once rode alongside a slightly dilapidated curly Hetchins for a
while; I really wanted to take it home and restore it to its former
glory.

The nicest looking bike I ever owned was my midnight blue Dawes
Super Galaxy, though. Everything about it was just so, the
proportions were perfect even on a 23 1/2" frame - my Claud Butler
never looked as good even when new.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old August 31st 08, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

wafflycat wrote:
I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.

Every time I see one of those frames I just *want*.

I saw a restored Mercian finished in a deep plum red flamboyant paint
at the camp site at Llanidloes during my Lon Las Cymru ride. I wanted
it badly. I could barely maintain eye contact with its owner as we
exchanges pleasantries and details of our rides.

The bike was simply gorgeous.

I like form to follow function, clean simple lines - some of that
Mercian lugwork looks like an explosion in a tart's boudoir.

Old August 31st 08, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 31/08/2008 10:22, Just zis Guy, you know? said,

The nicest looking bike I ever owned was my midnight blue Dawes
Super Galaxy, though.

I think my favourite bike was built up on an 'M Steel' frame (so I was
told), with a metallic finish so deep you could dive into it. I saw the
frame in the bike shop and wanted it. It had "racing" geometry but with
touring braze-ons, and was a fast, responsive bike. Those were the days
when myself and the bike could sustain 30mph on the flat. I owned it
from about 1987, I think, and eventually sold it.

Yer tis:- http://www.pbhome.myzen.co.uk/ebaypics/Scan10069-.jpg (but
please, no comments on that saddle!!)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 31st 08, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:53:35 +0100, Paul Boyd
said in :

Yer tis:- http://www.pbhome.myzen.co.uk/ebaypics/Scan10069-.jpg (but
please, no comments on that saddle!!)

Nice. F-i-l has a new Condor Fratello about that colour.

But surely that saddle... isn't it a ShelBroCo RealMan(TM)?

Old August 31st 08, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.

Every time I see one of those frames I just *want*.

I saw a restored Mercian finished in a deep plum red flamboyant paint
at the camp site at Llanidloes during my Lon Las Cymru ride. I wanted
it badly. I could barely maintain eye contact with its owner as we
exchanges pleasantries and details of our rides.

I was going to get Gino done in Magenta Flamboyant. It's the most glorious
crushed raspberry in colour, but I just couldn't get Gino done in pink -
yes, I'm nuts ;-) The Kingfisher Flamboyant is the blue equivalent in the
*OOOOOH!* stakes, as far as I'm concerned

....and much better for a boy :-)

Old August 31st 08, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_4_]

On 31/08/2008 12:41, Just zis Guy, you know? said,

But surely that saddle... isn't it a ShelBroCo RealMan(TM)?

LOL :-) Looking back now, what was I thinking putting that on the bike?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 31st 08, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

wafflycat wrote:
I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.
Every time I see one of those frames I just *want*.

I saw a restored Mercian finished in a deep plum red flamboyant paint
at the camp site at Llanidloes during my Lon Las Cymru ride. I wanted
it badly. I could barely maintain eye contact with its owner as we
exchanges pleasantries and details of our rides.

The bike was simply gorgeous.

I like form to follow function, clean simple lines - some of that
Mercian lugwork looks like an explosion in a tart's boudoir.

Heresy! Poke out his eyes with a blunt marshmallow!

[FS] - Mercian Tandem Pete Whelan UK 0 October 15th 07 08:11 PM
Help Please Mercian or Bob Jackson Frame jono UK 2 September 2nd 06 09:19 AM
Help Please Mercian or Bob Jackson Frame jono UK 0 September 1st 06 09:59 PM
Mercian Cycles branching out? Call me Bob UK 2 February 28th 06 11:50 PM
Wanted to Buy: Mercian frame spivomatic Marketplace 1 February 7th 06 04:21 PM