Best. Unaugural. Ever!

Old May 14th 09, 12:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
terryc

Default Best. Unaugural. Ever!

On Wed, 13 May 2009 22:59:51 +1000, Aeek wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2009 17:07:57 -0700 (PDT), Hytram
wrote:

Aeek is not quite right in the head for riding a push bike on that road

I was able to dodge a lot of the corrogations by riding the gravel
strips - was never going to lose traction. Going in was fun, bit
frustrating that I kept my speed down to 40, damn common sense.

My 2c on riding corrugations is to look where the sets ofr idges just
overlap and ride there. Smoothest and being off the seat balanced on feet/
pedals and hands/bar helps.

Old May 15th 09, 10:58 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Mon, 11 May 2009 02:00:58 +1000, "Jeff R."

Thanks to all who attended. That was the most enjoyable Unaugural
that I can remember.

A bewdie indeed.

Here are 80-odd (and some not) snaps of the occasion:

http://www.mendosus.com/unaugural-7/

Thanks again, BT

finally, my photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3336282...7618179800354/
Old May 21st 09, 01:06 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
bill_h

On Sun, 10 May 2009 00:32:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks to all who attended. That was the most enjoyable Unaugural
that I can remember.

I think that's partly because we're getting used to the procedure, or
maybe because I allowed more time for preparation, but I think it was
mostly because of the attendees.

The trophies were won by:

Bill H. - Longest distance (2170km according to Google). I'm quite
humbled that Bill rode all the way from Townsville just to attend our
little pseudo-rally.

Aeek - Longest distance bicycle. A very dedicated 105km ride from
Aranda (he should be just about arriving home by now).

Jo -Hard luck. For dropping her bike at the gateway to Funkytown,
eclipsing Bamf's previous record by 250m.

Tim C. - Smallest capacity. I was a little surprised that he managed
this by arriving on a 500cc bike.

Moike - Oldest Bike + rider. 88 years.

BigIain - Most elaborate coffee apparatus (was there every any doubt?)

Thanks again to all, Minx and I are REALLY looking forward to the next
one, now! ;-)

BTH

Thanks BT and Minx for your hospitality, it was well worth the run
down, although I did wonder at times on the way there. It was great to
re-aqauint with some old faces, and some new.

Had a great run back, from Goulbourn through Taralga/ Oberon, Bathurst
and Sofala, Mudgee and Coolah, before getting back onto the New
England. Detoured along the Bruxner and up through Woodenbong to
Rathdowney and eventually Brisbane. A couple of days catching up with
friends and then buggered off north as the heavens were beginning to
fall around the south east.

The 'you're not right in the head son' long distance award will be
rightly treasured, just have to convice people it's not actually
intended to be a weapon..

Bill
Old May 21st 09, 02:30 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
bikerbetty

"bill_h" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 May 2009 00:32:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks to all who attended. That was the most enjoyable Unaugural
that I can remember.

I think that's partly because we're getting used to the procedure, or
maybe because I allowed more time for preparation, but I think it was
mostly because of the attendees.

The trophies were won by:

Bill H. - Longest distance (2170km according to Google). I'm quite
humbled that Bill rode all the way from Townsville just to attend our
little pseudo-rally.

snip
BTH

Thanks BT and Minx for your hospitality, it was well worth the run
down, although I did wonder at times on the way there. It was great to
re-aqauint with some old faces, and some new.

Had a great run back, from Goulbourn through Taralga/ Oberon, Bathurst
and Sofala, Mudgee and Coolah, before getting back onto the New
England.

Oh, I love Coolah! A year or so ago, a mate and I got to stay for free in
the shearers' quarters at the pub, coz they hadn't got their smoke alarms
sorted in the "real" accommodation. Was a fab time, and the shearers were
perfect gentlemen (the bathroom, on the other hand, was a bit icky, but
hey...)

Detoured along the Bruxner and up through Woodenbong to
Rathdowney and eventually Brisbane. A couple of days catching up with
friends and then buggered off north as the heavens were beginning to
fall around the south east.

The 'you're not right in the head son' long distance award will be
rightly treasured, just have to convice people it's not actually
intended to be a weapon..

Bill

Glad you got back ok Bill - what a great ride it must've been! So.... are
you going to Wintersun? *grin*

betty

Old May 21st 09, 02:38 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
bill_h

On Thu, 21 May 2009 23:30:00 +1000, "bikerbetty"
wrote:

"bill_h" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Well Moike did suggest that the Wintersun *was* on my way home, in
the same way that Tarago was on the way to Brisbane from Townsville...
Just needed another couple of weeks off

Bill
Old May 21st 09, 03:53 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2009-05-21, bill_h (aka Bruce)
Had a great run back, from Goulbourn through Taralga/ Oberon, Bathurst
and Sofala, Mudgee and Coolah, before getting back onto the New
England.

Ah, busy road.

Same way as Nev, Jo and myself travelled.

I shall have to find other excuses to go back down that Oberon road.
*drools*

Detoured along the Bruxner and up through Woodenbong to
Rathdowney and eventually Brisbane.

I probably retraced your few hours of that for the Ruptured Budgie.

A couple of days catching up with
friends and then buggered off north as the heavens were beginning to
fall around the south east.

Heh. My boss is stranded up there right now. I'm glad I wasn't
camping a few days later. It was cold enough as is.

--
TimC
My other car is a cdr