Bicycles?

Old May 26th 09, 07:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BobC[_2_]

Default Bicycles?

I thought this greoup was for bicycles. How come I see all this guff
about MOTOR "Bicycles"

--
BobC
Old May 26th 09, 07:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 26 May 2009 16:25:26 +1000
BobC wrote:
I thought this greoup was for bicycles. How come I see all this guff
about MOTOR "Bicycles"

The rule of usenet is simple...

If you want to see posts about a certain topic, post them.

Because if you won't, why should anyone else?

Zebee
Old May 26th 09, 08:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

BobC wrote:
I thought this greoup was for bicycles. How come I see all this guff
about MOTOR "Bicycles"

The rule of usenet is simple...

If you want to see posts about a certain topic, post them.

Because if you won't, why should anyone else?

Zebee

You could also add aus.motorcycles and cross post and give them the
s**ts as well, sure they would like to read about the Brookes saddle or
a message from Ed Dolan the Great.
Old May 26th 09, 09:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_3_]

BobC wrote:
I thought this greoup was for bicycles. How come I see all this guff
about MOTOR "Bicycles"

The rule of usenet is simple...

If you want to see posts about a certain topic, post them.

Because if you won't, why should anyone else?

Zebee

You could also add aus.motorcycles and cross post and give them the
s**ts as well, sure they would like to read about the Brookes saddle or
a message from Ed Dolan the Great.

True.

Some of the aus.motorcycle crowd are also present and prominent
in aus.bicycle.

They tend to be highly chatty, although a bit of an in-crowd. A club of
marginals if you like, but not evil or stupid (plus or minus)...

....but if you choose to exclude them (from your observations), then
aus.bicycle looks very flat. And a flat = a bad thing...

PS: Ed Dolan is psychotic.

PPS: Brookes saddles are OK, but only in a nostalgic sense. I had
one and it was OK, but the break-in time is agony.

Tomasso.

Old May 26th 09, 10:16 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 26 May 2009 18:52:49 +1000
Tomasso wrote:

PPS: Brookes saddles are OK, but only in a nostalgic sense. I had
one and it was OK, but the break-in time is agony.

Being a comfort-loving lounge chair rider... I think they are *all*
agony!

Although I have found the wide "comfort" saddles not all that comfy
when I did ride uprights. Never had a Brooks though, I suspect that
given the stories I suspect my wimp level is lower than their break in
time is long...

Zebee

Old May 26th 09, 12:32 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2009-05-26, Tomasso (aka Bruce)

"Rob" wrote in message ...
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
The rule of usenet is simple...

If you want to see posts about a certain topic, post them.

Because if you won't, why should anyone else?

You could also add aus.motorcycles and cross post and give them the
s**ts as well, sure they would like to read about the Brookes saddle or
a message from Ed Dolan the Great.

True.

Some of the aus.motorcycle crowd are also present and prominent
in aus.bicycle.

They tend to be highly chatty, although a bit of an in-crowd. A club of
marginals if you like, but not evil or stupid (plus or minus)...

Hey! Speak for yourself! I'm all of the above!

(remember when cfsmtb and steve and lama and the like were here?
Those were the days).

...but if you choose to exclude them (from your observations), then
aus.bicycle looks very flat. And a flat = a bad thing...

PS: Ed Dolan is psychotic.

Is he still around?

PPS: Brookes saddles are OK, but only in a nostalgic sense. I had
one and it was OK, but the break-in time is agony.

A pain in the arse?

--
TimC
mathematician, n.:
Old May 27th 09, 07:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BobC[_2_]

On 2009-05-26, Tomasso (aka Bruce)

"Rob" wrote in message ...

Zebee Johnstone wrote:

[...]

A clever segue to a pain in the arse?

I agree it would be flat without them - where is everyone from a year
or more ago - were they all M*tor Cyclists then - didn't seem so?
(I've been sleeping here for years) OK saddles what about helmets?

--
BobC
Old May 27th 09, 08:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 27 May 2009 16:25:00 +1000
BobC wrote:

I agree it would be flat without them - where is everyone from a year
or more ago - were they all M*tor Cyclists then - didn't seem so?

I suspect that the gateway from cycleforums died and was never fixed.

Zebee
Old May 27th 09, 12:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

BobC wrote:
I agree it would be flat without them - where is everyone from a year
or more ago - were they all M*tor Cyclists then - didn't seem so?

I suspect that the gateway from cycleforums died and was never fixed.

Zebee

That's what happened and it was an interesting sign of the critical mass
you need for a forum to work. The combined numbers on aus.bicycles and
cycling forums users made for a pretty busy little community. But once
the link dropped, aus.bicycles got very quiet and cyclingforums died.

DaveB
Old May 27th 09, 12:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf[_3_]

BobC wrote:
I agree it would be flat without them - where is everyone from a year
or more ago - were they all M*tor Cyclists then - didn't seem so?

I suspect that the gateway from cycleforums died and was never fixed.

Zebee

That's what happened and it was an interesting sign of the critical mass
you need for a forum to work. The combined numbers on aus.bicycles and
cycling forums users made for a pretty busy little community. But once the
link dropped, aus.bicycles got very quiet and cyclingforums died.

I suspected that the link was killed off because too much junk was
getting propagated to cycleforums, notably from somebody who was
mentioned further up in this thread (and whose name I won't repeat).
Pity 'bout that.

--
beerwolf