Big money for commuter cycling in Denmark

Old August 23rd 09, 09:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Owen

Default Big money for commuter cycling in Denmark

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009...erhighways.php

One commentator noted;
quote
When we were in Copenhagen, it was tough to find a parking space for
bikes, there were so many of them. We asked the locals, and they ride
them all year round, not just in fair weather.
/quote

I wonder if we will ever have a bike parking problem

Owen
Old August 23rd 09, 09:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2009-08-23, Owen (aka Bruce)
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009...erhighways.php

One commentator noted;
quote
When we were in Copenhagen, it was tough to find a parking space for
bikes, there were so many of them. We asked the locals, and they ride
them all year round, not just in fair weather.
/quote

I wonder if we will ever have a bike parking problem

We already do. Because of the masses of people who expect a car spot
at the local Safeway, they don't bother providing parking spots for
bicycles.

Oh, that's not what you meant.

--
TimC
is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It
Old August 23rd 09, 10:36 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 2009-08-23, Owen (aka Bruce)
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009...erhighways.php

One commentator noted;
quote
When we were in Copenhagen, it was tough to find a parking space for
bikes, there were so many of them. We asked the locals, and they ride
them all year round, not just in fair weather.
/quote

I wonder if we will ever have a bike parking problem

We already do. Because of the masses of people who expect a car spot
at the local Safeway, they don't bother providing parking spots for
bicycles.

Oh, that's not what you meant.

Aldi provide cycle rack spaces
Old August 23rd 09, 10:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_2_]

On 2009-08-23, Owen (aka Bruce)
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009...cle-superhighw...

One commentator noted;
quote
When we were in Copenhagen, it was tough to find a parking space for
bikes, there were so many of them. We asked the locals, and they ride
them all year round, not just in fair weather.
/quote

I wonder if we will ever have a bike parking problem

We already do. Because of the masses of people who expect a car spot
at the local Safeway, they don't bother providing parking spots for
bicycles.

Oh, that's not what you meant.

Aldi provide cycle rack spaces

It's only about 1.5km to my local Aldi, so I usually take a
wheelbarrow.

No, I am *not* a crackpot! ;-)

BTH
Old August 24th 09, 12:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
theo

On Aug 23, 5:56*pm, BT Humble wrote:

It's only about 1.5km to my local Aldi, so I usually take a
wheelbarrow.

No, I am *not* a crackpot! ;-)

Who are you trying to convince?

Theo
Old August 24th 09, 12:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

On 2009-08-23, Owen (aka Bruce)
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009...cle-superhighw...
One commentator noted;
quote
When we were in Copenhagen, it was tough to find a parking space for
bikes, there were so many of them. We asked the locals, and they ride
them all year round, not just in fair weather.
/quote
I wonder if we will ever have a bike parking problem
We already do. Because of the masses of people who expect a car spot
at the local Safeway, they don't bother providing parking spots for
bicycles.
Oh, that's not what you meant.

Aldi provide cycle rack spaces

It's only about 1.5km to my local Aldi, so I usually take a
wheelbarrow.

No, I am *not* a crackpot! ;-)

BTH

So you wheel the trolley home then - bugger the $2? - they do come in handy.
Old August 29th 09, 02:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Owen wrote:

I wonder if we will ever have a bike parking problem

Owen

I was at the Melbourne International Film Festival last year and heard
people in the queue complaining that they had to walk 500m from the
nearest bike parking spot they could find to the cinema. That was on a
Saturday night in winter. Just about every signpost was fully occupied
with bikes.

Peter
Old August 30th 09, 12:57 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Caulfield Man[_2_]

Peter wrote:
Owen wrote:

I wonder if we will ever have a bike parking problem

Owen

I was at the Melbourne International Film Festival last year and heard
people in the queue complaining that they had to walk 500m from the
nearest bike parking spot they could find to the cinema. That was on a
Saturday night in winter. Just about every signpost was fully occupied
with bikes.

Peter

Funny I didn't see a single cyclist at Chadstone shopping centre
yesterday yet the bike track down the abandoned outer circle railway
line is no more than 300m away. I suppose they all drive their
4x4/4WD/SUV's.

Al

Calculating Money Saved via Cycling jim[_7_] UK 35 June 26th 08 10:53 AM
Love your bike - promoting commuter cycling in Manchester Kate UK 14 March 23rd 06 11:27 PM
Thoughts on cycling in Denmark Hugh Fenton Australia 8 November 2nd 03 05:56 AM
making money from cycling?? Bryan UK 3 September 4th 03 03:55 PM
respect for cycling commuter at work... Buck General 13 August 19th 03 01:07 PM