What's a "Skidiot?"

Old October 4th 05, 05:07 PM

Default What's a "Skidiot?"

x1134x wrote:
Just calling you on trolling because that is what your post was, ad
hominem.

LOL! Irony.

E.P.

Old October 4th 05, 05:09 PM

x1134x wrote:
Check out out guys, we have our own William Bennett right here!

Again, someone who cannot see humor when its blocking the sun from both
eyes, I have many black friends many latino friends, many *white*
friends.

"Some of my best friends are black."

LOL - priceless.

E.P.

Old October 4th 05, 07:32 PM
x1134x

First look up the definition of ad hominem, and you will realize that
you also then need to look up the definition of IRONY.

Because in no way did I attack you personally.

x1134x

Old October 4th 05, 07:37 PM

x1134x wrote:
First look up the definition of ad hominem, and you will realize that
you also then need to look up the definition of IRONY.

Ad hominem means, literally, "to the man" in Latin.

The irony is that you seem to think your commentary is not "to the
man", while some other poster's is.

Because in no way did I attack you personally.

What makes you think that you need to attack me personally for your
comments to be ad hominem?

Looks like one of us needs to go get his dictionary again.

LOL - irony on irony.

E.P.

Old October 4th 05, 07:37 PM
x1134x

What part of:

I really couldn't care less about what other women think of me now.

makes me sexist?

I could see *IF* i said something like: "women shouldn't have the right
to vote" or, "women should get back in the kitchen where they belong"
*THAT* would be sexist.

Try using logic before spouting your name calling piehole

x1134x

Old October 4th 05, 07:40 PM

x1134x wrote:

Try using logic before spouting your name calling piehole

And the irony keeps on rolling along.

Damn, you're a hoot!

E.P.

Old October 4th 05, 07:43 PM

MattB wrote:
x1134x wrote:
Check out out guys, we have our own William Bennett right here!

Again, someone who cannot see humor when its blocking the sun from both
eyes, I have many black friends many latino friends, many *white*
friends.

Hmmm. I guess I'm just humorless.

No - some stuff just ain't all that funny.

X-box here thinks he's pretty hot stuff now that he's got a 'net
connection in his double-wide.

No matter how hard you beat 'em, the stupid just sticks like glue.

E.P.

Old October 4th 05, 07:50 PM
Bill Sornson

x1134x wrote:
What part of:

I really couldn't care less about what other women think of me now.

makes me sexist?

I could see *IF* i said something like: "women shouldn't have the
right to vote" or, "women should get back in the kitchen where they
belong" *THAT* would be sexist.

Try using logic before spouting your name calling piehole

x1134x

Yo, 'X'. Stop talking.

Now.

Bill "free advice" S.

PS: Best advice would be to adopt a NEW anonymous user name and start over.
You've blown this one (so to speak).

Old October 4th 05, 08:01 PM
x1134x

Just because people can't
A. Read
B. Understand English
C. Recognize humor

Doesn't mean I should get another user name. My name may change but my
opinions don't. Maybe I just need a different mountain biking forum
where there is a higher intelligence level.

Just because I'm accused of being something doesn't in fact make me
that.

1. I'm not a barney, (even though I ride a cheaper bicycle) lack of
money shouldn't make you an outcast
2. Not a racist, (I'm not a white person who avoids race jokes just so
I don't look racist. Listen to all the "white people" jokes chris rock
tells, no one accuses him of being racist)
3. I'm not a sexist. (if you like to look at women you are not sexist
you are *HETEROSEXUAL*)
4. I'm not a Skidiot, because I don't ruin trails with my mountain
bike.
5. I never said *I* would tell JD off if he yelled at me, I simply
asked if it had ever happened to him when he has done it in the past.
He would have no need to yell at me because of point number 4 above.

I do believe my opinion on how much bikes cost versus motorcycles got
me off on the wrong foot w/ alot of the elitists here who look down
their noses at a bike like mine, But i've definately found common
ground with the Vandemann haters here.

So no, I don't think i'll get a new username, I like mine just fine,
but thanx for the advice.

x1134x

Old October 4th 05, 08:01 PM
x1134x

Directly from Dictionary.com:

ad hom·i·nem ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hm-nm, -nm)
adj.
Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason:
Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their
opponents' motives.

Usage Note: As the principal meaning of the preposition ad suggests,
the homo of ad hominem was originally the person to whom an argument
was addressed, not its subject.

When you make a post like:

8. Never listen to anonymous e-tards in usenet. Likely as not, they
don't have the first ****ing clue what they are talking about.

In a thread about wearing spandex shorts, you arent' really talking
about spandex shorts, in fact you don't even mention them. All you are
doing is attacking the debator and not discussing/arguing the subject
or substance of the debate. your post is simply AD HOMINEM.

you learn something every day don't you?

x1134x