"The Inner Circle Conglomerate Of Poaching Cyclists"

Old March 22nd 09, 09:05 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default "The Inner Circle Conglomerate Of Poaching Cyclists"

And I didn't even have to make it up myself! It's amazing how honest
mountain bikers can become, when they think that no one else is
listening! ... (For those who don't know, "poaching" is mountain
biking illegally.)

Mike

From: Tim Banning
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:30:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mass Confusion over New Club Alliance Troop League
Name...

Ok let's overthrow Evergreen and come up with better names shall we?

Howzabout TICCOPC.
The Inner Circle Conglomerate Of Poaching Cyclists

Evergreen is always on a quest to be more professional, but we all
know it's a ruse. If we were honest we would go for a name like...

MFB
Mother Fu... No no no, it stands Mud For Brains

Beyond all the roasting here, i honestly never saw why there was so
much backlash for the name change, and still floating around today.
The good thing is it shows people care, but i personally think there
are other things that the club should be doing that deserves more
attention, and i don't mean exposing the scandals of poaching either.

i mean come on BBTC as a name sucked. Sorry if that offends anyone,
but it's true. Backdoor Barbeque Taco Crust what? Not that Evergreen
is any better, but for the life of me i still cannot think of anything
better myself.

So we go for who is the name for. Really! Is it for the club
members? i say no, i'm truly idealistic in many respects, almost
naive to the point that the Alliance part of the name i appreciate. It
is a noble aspiration if not accurate, will it ever be truly realized?
As mt. bikers and mt. biking is diverse, and we are never all going to
be on the same page, but i always hope we can be united enough to
respectfully disagree on issues.

Beyond all of that, i would say it's pretty obvious that the name was
decided upon to make the org/club look more "professional". Going
back to my earlier statement, this appeased me because my reasoning is
the club feels they can get more done with the name. But what has
been realized is, and i personally can relate with my own experiences,
is within the pursuit of becoming professional, disconnects are
created. A name that the membership cannot wrap their arms around,
because the name itself is for the perception of others outside the
club. The benefit is for outside groups to easier accept us.

Is this truly such a bad thing? WHIMPS was created to initially
disarm the aggressive perception of mt. bikers. They are having great
success up there, who among us doesn't like riding at Galbraith at
least once a year?

The one thing i'd like to commend Evergreen on lately is there efforts
to expand communication. It seemed like for years there was a black
hole. i think for me personally i can accept things i don't agree
with, but allow the ability of disagreement beforehand instead of
afterward. And if possible explain the position on why decisions are
made to help clarify the reasoning. That helps me and i think it
would help all members who care, move on. For now we can disagree and
have a voice before the turn in the decision. Perhaps our feedback
will hold sway whether minimal or great. But that gives people who
participate some ownership and hopefully would encourage more
participation.

What is in a name...

Old March 22nd 09, 10:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej Jorgensen

Mike Vandeman wrote:
And I didn't even have to make it up myself!

Well, it is Sunday, the day of rest.

-Beej

Old March 22nd 09, 10:43 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:23:52 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
And I didn't even have to make it up myself!

Well, it is Sunday, the day of rest.

-Beej

Look up "non-sequitur" in the dictionary. Idiot.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 23rd 09, 05:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
tom

wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:
And I didn't even have to make it up myself!

Well, it is Sunday, the day of rest.

-Beej

Look up "non-sequitur" in the dictionary. Idiot.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mountain biker seriously ignored on alt.mountain-bike!