Divorce Your Car --and get into a relationship with a Bike!

Old July 24th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default what Jesus would have ridden

Tim McNamara wrote:
Stop the religious crap please. It does not change the long-term
cycles of the earth's environment.

Aahhh -- CYCLES. Bravo. Now we're back on topic.

Only if the cycles being discussed have two wheels and pedal power.

We should abandon the issue of religion and bicycles though we know for
a fact what Jesus would have ridden...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...esusonbike.jpg

Old July 25th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Baxter

Default THE GOLDEN RULE

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"george conklin" wrote in message
k.net...

That does not address the issue of expanded land for growing gain crops.
Besides, the earth has gone through many such cycles in the past. 10,000
years ago most of North America was under 400 feet of ice, with Long

Island
as the terminal moraine. Further, the oceans were in the past about 400
feet higher than today, and 400 feet lower too.

An virtually none of the grains we know now were around then.

Old July 25th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

R Brickston wrote:
We should abandon the issue of religion and bicycles though we know for
a fact what Jesus would have ridden...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...esusonbike.jpg

That was a letdown.

I know, you'd assume Jesus would have driven an SUV judging by the
number of them with the bumper stickers "In God We Trust," "God Is On
Our Side," "God Bless America," "God Is My Co-Pilot," etc, etc, but no,
he would have ridden a bicycle, or at the most a rented Ford Focus on
weekends.

I picture him this way: He gets to preach early in the morning, rides
his bike to the bus stop and puts it on the bus, then preach in the bus
the benefits of biking and how it is a sure way to heaven, finally come
the Romans in an SUV and crucify him for sedicious behavior.

Old July 25th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
R Brickston

On 25 Jul 2006 07:40:06 -0700, "donquijote1954"
wrote:

R Brickston wrote:
We should abandon the issue of religion and bicycles though we know for
a fact what Jesus would have ridden...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...esusonbike.jpg

That was a letdown.

I know, you'd assume Jesus would have driven an SUV judging by the
number of them with the bumper stickers "In God We Trust," "God Is On
Our Side," "God Bless America," "God Is My Co-Pilot," etc, etc, but no,
he would have ridden a bicycle, or at the most a rented Ford Focus on
weekends.

I picture him this way: He gets to preach early in the morning, rides
his bike to the bus stop and puts it on the bus, then preach in the bus
the benefits of biking and how it is a sure way to heaven, finally come
the Romans in an SUV and crucify him for sedicious behavior.

Hmm... What kind of bike (or vehicle) would Mohammed* ride/drive?

*The Prophet, not the guy at the convenience store.
Old July 25th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Kevan Smith

"george conklin" wrote in
k.net:

That does not address the issue of expanded land for growing gain
crops. Besides, the earth has gone through many such cycles in the
past. 10,000 years ago most of North America was under 400 feet of
ice, with Long Island as the terminal moraine. Further, the oceans
were in the past about 400 feet higher than today, and 400 feet lower
too. So we are in the middle of the latest warming cycle. No one
doubted this in the past. No one doubts it today, except that it has
become political to say that the human animal is the cause of these
long-term cycles. Al Gore may sell books, but the earth moves on like
it has in the past.

You are part of the problem.

--
fnood fneep gnip gnop
http://greep.flood.nit

Old July 25th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Kevan Smith

Default why you don't see commuters

"donquijote1954" wrote in
ups.com:

That's why you don't see commuters on bikes around.

Where do you live, because I see plenty.

--
fnood fneep gnip gnop
http://greep.flood.nit

Old July 25th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Bill Sornson

Kevan Smith wrote:
"george conklin" wrote in
k.net:

That does not address the issue of expanded land for growing gain
crops. Besides, the earth has gone through many such cycles in the
past. 10,000 years ago most of North America was under 400 feet of
ice, with Long Island as the terminal moraine. Further, the oceans
were in the past about 400 feet higher than today, and 400 feet lower
too. So we are in the middle of the latest warming cycle. No one
doubted this in the past. No one doubts it today, except that it has
become political to say that the human animal is the cause of these
long-term cycles. Al Gore may sell books, but the earth moves on
like it has in the past.

You are part of the problem.

A scathing blow! LOL

Old July 25th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
George Conklin

"Kevan Smith" wrote in message
. 170.91...
"george conklin" wrote in
k.net:

That does not address the issue of expanded land for growing gain
crops. Besides, the earth has gone through many such cycles in the
past. 10,000 years ago most of North America was under 400 feet of
ice, with Long Island as the terminal moraine. Further, the oceans
were in the past about 400 feet higher than today, and 400 feet lower
too. So we are in the middle of the latest warming cycle. No one
doubted this in the past. No one doubts it today, except that it has
become political to say that the human animal is the cause of these
long-term cycles. Al Gore may sell books, but the earth moves on like
it has in the past.

You are part of the problem.

You mean that you think that Long Island was created by Al Gore?
Long-term changes in the earth's climate are well documented and we have
been in a warming cycle for 10,000 years now. I suggest a geology major for
you.