Bent KH hub flanges

Old June 7th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Default Bent KH hub flanges

I hate bending the flanges back, but its the only way I can get my
spokes into or out of the flange without bending the spokes really
bad.

After a few more wheelbuilds, ill be tossing the Kh hub and getting a
Nimbus hub, unless Kris does something about the big chunks of metal
missing in his flanges only saving a few grams of weight that I really
do not think are important to be saving when it causes so much extra
trouble.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for
christ.')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-
Old June 7th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

Jerrick wrote:
unless Kris does something about the big chunks of metal missing in his
flanges only saving a few grams of weight that I really do not think
are important to be saving when it causes so much extra trouble.

I thought the holes were there to allow the flanges to bend, not just
to save weight?

--
jamessd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsb3y-YOSk
Add me, but tel me who you are :

Kieron wrote:
I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
bush.

Old June 7th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

jamessd wrote:
I thought the holes were there to allow the flanges to bend, not just to
save weight?

theyre suppose to flex a bit, but not untill they bend like that!

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

Getting ready for the summer holidays!

Bent KH hub flanges jamessd Unicycling 0 June 7th 08 11:19 PM
Bent KH hub flanges nimblelight Unicycling 1 June 7th 08 09:58 PM
Bent KH hub flanges sp4rky-m4rky Unicycling 0 June 7th 08 01:20 PM
KH Moment flanges Émile5 Unicycling 9 April 19th 08 10:32 PM
Dura-Ace Thick Flanges Ron Abramson Techniques 9 November 9th 04 02:00 PM