Learning To Ride at Age 50

Old June 22nd 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Qweld

Default Learning To Ride at Age 50

Listen to the man!!....... Mr. Moore he the man!!

Wrist guards if nothing else. I think I'd go with elbow guards next.
I stiff armed the pavement at college racing another guy. I left an
perfect imprint of my waffle stomper where I came off and a 7foot
streak of blue jeans jacket on the pavement where my shoulder hit and
skidded after stiff arming the pavement my elbow didn't stay locked and
it snapped down and hit the pavement too!! I didn't break anything
but my wrist and elbow hurt for about a month even with the electo
therapy.

--
Qweld

Flats blow
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 22nd 07, 08:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

I have been learning since the age of 53 ... I am 58 now and still
learning.
very slow learner but no despair: the joys of unicycling pay for the
many, many falls and missed tries. keep going.
my practice of choice: Muni ! ah the joys of Muniing in the woods ....
time freezes and I am not ageing any more
I am not a man of "challenge" but nonetheless I think I should do
something for my 60th birthday next year .... something enjoyable (not
a 600km ride!) .... any suggestion?

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 22nd 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patmoore

wobbling bear wrote:
I have been learning since the age of 53 ... I am 58 now and still
learning.
very slow learner but no despair: the joys of unicycling pay for the
many, many falls and missed tries. keep going.
my practice of choice: Muni ! ah the joys of Muniing in the woods ....
time freezes and I am not ageing any more
I am not a man of "challenge" but nonetheless I think I should do
something for my 60th birthday next year .... something enjoyable (not
a 600km ride!) .... any suggestion?

I was planning on a 60km ride on my 60th but didn't train for it. I
felt guilty that day so I just did a short ride around the
neighborhood. 60km should be doable if you've trained for it and the
terrain isn't too hilly.

My wife and I signed up to do a century ride on bikes in September.
They do have a 37 mile option. Maybe next year I should do it on a uni.
I'd do it this year but I promised I'd ride with her.

--
patmoore

MY
GALLERY (\"HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/INDEX.PHP?PAGE=GALLERY&G2_ITEMID=193091\")
"When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
'Online uni sales at www.suburbansport.com'
(http://suburbansport.com/unicycles.html)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 22nd 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

patmoore wrote:
60km should be doable if you've trained for it and the terrain isn't too
hilly.

unless the scenery is breathtaking I will die from boredom! that's why
I prefer Muni: the terrain is always changing (and I seldom get what I
hate the most: "-faux-plats-" -that is something that looks flat but
isn't; my heart forgets to accelerate and I end up washed out-)

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 1st 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rampaseth

when i was ten year old my dad made a uni out of the front wheel of a
tricycle. i learned to ride it on my own.the wheel did not last very
long.so that was the end of my uni riding for 45 years.then i seen
these road machines on the web.i had to get one.i went with the kh29
with the BA tire. if anything came back to me after all this time i
could not tell.

--
rampaseth
http://www.usenet.com