This is the Bike Poll!

Old July 10th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling

Default This is the Bike Poll!

“Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only
get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.” -
Will Rogers

Well, what I mean is, we should approach the people and ask them, "Why
don't you ride a bike?" If they say, "Well, because it's dangerous out
there, stupid!" then the politicians go to work and fix it! But if
they say, "Just because I'm lazy and stupid," then everything is left
like it is.

It makes so much sense, you know, that in the nation where everything
is polled, we poll this issue, shouldn't we?

The Republicans are represented by an Elephant, the Democrats by a
Donkey, and we, the Banana Revolution, are represented by a Chihuahua.
"Small Is Better!"

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution
Old July 11th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_11_]

Well, what I mean is, we should approach the people and ask them, "Why
don't you ride a bike?" If they say, "Well, because it's dangerous out
there, stupid!" then the politicians go to work and fix it! But if
they say, "Just because I'm lazy and stupid," then everything is left
like it is.

It makes so much sense, you know, that in the nation where everything
is polled, we poll this issue, shouldn't we?

I asked a middle-aged woman yesterday and her reply was "I'm too old to ride
a bicycle." A few years ago, when I turned 40 (okay, more than a "few"), my
step-father said to me, "You're going to be 40 soon, don't you think it's
time you gave up riding bicycles?"

that's why. They've been told all their lives that riding a bike is for
children only.

Pat in TX

Old July 12th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Roger Zoul

"Pat" wrote
I asked a middle-aged woman yesterday and her reply was "I'm too old to
ride a bicycle." A few years ago, when I turned 40 (okay, more than a
"few"), my step-father said to me, "You're going to be 40 soon, don't you
think it's time you gave up riding bicycles?"

that's why. They've been told all their lives that riding a bike is for
children only.

Pat in TX

Or, they've been told that you could slow down and do less once you get over
a certain age.

Old July 12th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_11_]

"
I asked a middle-aged woman yesterday and her reply was "I'm too old to
ride a bicycle." A few years ago, when I turned 40 (okay, more than a
"few"), my step-father said to me, "You're going to be 40 soon, don't you
think it's time you gave up riding bicycles?"

that's why. They've been told all their lives that riding a bike is for
children only.

Pat in TX

Or, they've been told that you could slow down and do less once you get
over a certain age.

Roger

Well, just as certain black people play the "race card" whenever it helps
them (witness the manager of the Mets saying it wasn't his poor winning
record, rather it was "racism" that got him fired), people over, say 50,
sometimes play the "age card" as in : "When you get my age, you'll...." or
"I'm 61, so you can't expect me to understand..." or "My 60-year old body
can't..." You get the gist of it, I'm sure.

I find these people just as disingenuous as the first group and I have no
time for them. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do just
because of a certain number of years!

Pat in TX

Poll- KH or Nimbus, i want this money to go to good use, so plz do the poll! thx! Unisykolist Unicycling 21 April 24th 08 06:26 AM
Poll: Local Bike Clubs; East vs. West It's Chris General 2 December 1st 07 06:38 AM
one poll Andre Racing 0 March 26th 07 03:54 AM
POLL: College Bike Regs [email protected] General 14 February 18th 07 06:06 PM
another poll ben_unruh Unicycling 1 June 18th 05 11:23 PM