America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

Old January 10th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

Default America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

tholub;1167776 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the companies who spend billions on advertising
know more about what works than you do.

Actually they don't know much, Lol.

I don't know which softdrink sponsored the Olympics but I think it was
Coke.
But whatever it was, something like 70% of people questioned
thought it was the oposite drink of the actual sponsorer.
So if it was Coke, everyone thought it was Pepsi.

Most people I know aren't gonna buy Columbia just cause Dan's wearing
Columbia.

Gib

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-So hot! If I was gay, id want an aryan guy, but im not, so I
want a sexy aryan girl.-~Jerrick

-what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to see
him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni

-hinunggbinu!!!-
~JJtheunicycle
Old January 10th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Goats_On_Unicycles;1167783 wrote:
Actually they don't know much, Lol.

I don't know which softdrink sponsored the Olympics but I think it was
Coke.
But whatever it was, something like 70% of people questioned thought it
was the oposite drink of the actual sponsorer.
So if it was Coke, everyone thought it was Pepsi.

Most people I know aren't gonna buy Columbia just cause Dan's wearing
Columbia.

Gib

Columbia spent $385 million on sales and marketing in the past year;
about 25% of their total budget. Either:

1) Call them up and tell them they could save $385 million by using the
brilliant Goats On Unicycles marketing plan, or,

2) Go learn something and call us back when you have a clue.

--
tholub
Old January 10th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

tholub;1167792 wrote:
Columbia spent $385 million on sales and marketing in the past year;
about 25% of their total budget. Either:

1) Call them up and tell them they could save $385 million by using the
brilliant Goats On Unicycles marketing plan, or,

2) Go learn something and call us back when you have a clue.

You dont get it.

All he is saying, is they arent as effective. They work, but not on
everyone. Im not going to go buy a coke or a pepsi. Im not going to buy
colubia sportswear.

--
Jerrick

*Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old January 10th 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Jerrick;1167803 wrote:
You dont get it.

All he is saying, is they arent as effective. They work, but not on
everyone. Im not going to go buy a coke or a pepsi. Im not going to buy
colubia sportswear.

I'm pretty sure I get it.

How about this: name a major beverage or sportswear company which does
*not* do sponsorships.

--
tholub
Old January 10th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

tholub;1167806 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I get it.

How about this: name a major beverage or sportswear company which does
*not* do sponsorships.

Izze.

They only sponsor events and stuff. The things they do sponsor are like
awareness things.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~
Old January 10th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

unibikeling;1167810 wrote:
Izze.

They only sponsor events and stuff. The things they do sponsor are like
awareness things.

Izze counts neither as a major beverage company, nor as a company which
doesn't do sponsorships.

In fact, they even did a commercial with 'Pink Man'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/play....420315PinkMan).

--
tholub
Old January 10th 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Goats_On_Unicycles;1167300 wrote:
My main problem with big sponsorships is that in my not so humble
opinion, they make unicycling sell-out.
I'm not saying that it makes unicycling less fun or anything.

I just have a loathing for big companies and I would be saddened to see
unicycling get caught up in that stuff.

What if I got sponsored by Pepsi? lol(I still haven't figured out how
to contact them about that by the way haha)

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old January 10th 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

tholub;1167792 wrote:
Columbia spent $385 million on sales and marketing in the past year;
about 25% of their total budget. Either:

1) Call them up and tell them they could save $385 million by using the
brilliant Goats On Unicycles marketing plan, or,

2) Go learn something and call us back when you have a clue.

They can spend 100% for all I care. That don't prove squat.

Sir... Do you find it so necassary to be rude to a sweet little boy?
Was I being so rude towards you? Remember, I am yet in my formative
years and I'm rather impressionable. If you fill my mind with your
acidic remarks, I'll grow irracible and resentful, taking it out on my
wife and children, escaping in a bottle. I'll start selling ciggarettes
and booze to minors just for the kick of being a menace to society.

But seriously, why be so rude? Show me where I was rude, I'll stop. I
won't be offended. I want to be a nice person and that always takes a
lot of help. Don't be a jerk.
My utter sympathy goes out to your children.

Also, just cause I'm young, it dons't mean I don't know my ****.
I study social trends, the culture of consumerism and sociology as well
as keeping tuned into programs such as Market Place and The Nightly
Business Report.

Please, don't develop the condition that so many people your age have,
of thinking, because of your age, you know it all.

I'm not claiming to no ANYTHING.
I was voicing a harmless opinion and you shot me down.

But I don't mean to be so biting.
so here's some happy faces and some hearts!

3 3 3

Old January 11th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

tholub;1167792 wrote:
Columbia spent $385 million on sales and marketing in the past year;
about 25% of their total budget. Either:

1) Call them up and tell them they could save $385 million by using the
brilliant Goats On Unicycles marketing plan, or,

2) Go learn something and call us back when you have a clue.

They spent $385 million? Hopefully Dan got at least $1 mil, because
thats the only thing I remember about them from last year.

I think the advertising with big companies works more subliminally than
it does consciously. Though, I don't really see why companies such as
coke really need to advertise anything. Is anyone in the western world
not at least vaguely familiar with them?

As Jackie said, just because they spent a lot of money certainly
doesn't mean they know best. If they really knew what they were doing
I'm sure they could get by without wasting so much money. They are
marketing towards the average person, not rich CEOs. Wouldn't we have a
slightly better idea if its working on us than they do?

Maybe Tholub works for Columbia and that's why hes getting worked up.
He sure seems to know so much about it.

----------

Spencer, if you get on the air be sure to give a T-Spen shout out!

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *3D Unicycle Computer Game**
- Follow the 'progress.' (http://www.projectuni.com)

*'Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!'
(http://www.zazzle.com/BrianOleyUni*)* All products are my personal
photography. *Seven* items so far and more to come! * New Poster *
Old January 11th 09, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Ducttape;1167814 wrote:
What if I got sponsored by Pepsi? lol(I still haven't figured out how to
contact them about that by the way haha)

*Although we currently have all of our national sponsorship deals in
place, you may wish to contact your bottler and inquire about a possible
local sponsorship. You should be able to find them by looking in the
business section of your local phone book. Good luck!*

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)