FA: Campagnolo Record on Gel 280 Track Wheels

Old January 13th 04, 11:06 PM
Ian Yates

Default FA: Campagnolo Record on Gel 280 Track Wheels

For auction Campagnolo Record Pista on Mavic Gel 280 Rims

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=3654104 889
or
http://tinyurl.com/376g8

Full spec of these incredibly light track racing wheels:
-Campagnolo Record Pista 28 Hole Large Flange Hubs
-Mavic Gel 280 - 280 Grams each rims
-Continental Sprinter 175Gram Tubulars 22mm wide
-DT double butted spokes
-Front hub is fitted with hollow spindle for quick release
-Rear 2 cross with soldered crossings, front radial spoking
-Front tub does not show any wear
-Rear tub shows wear slightly in the centre
-Tub adhesive is 3M Fasttack (the best for track racing)
-Ridden about 50km on Manchester track

Also comes with
-Control Tech 5mm Allen Key type front titanium skewer (hence hollow
spindle)
-Campagnolo Front Track Nuts (in case you want to revert to nuts)
-Campagnolo Record rear cup bearing inserts x 3
-Campagnolo Record front cup bearing insert x 1
-Bearing inserts were bought to service the hubs and I never needed
to. The hubs run as smoothly as when they left the factory.

These wheels have been ridden on track but never raced. They were
bought about 7 years ago as my 'best' wheels and never got used in
anger (I was afraid to use them at the value).

Thanks,
Ian
Old January 16th 04, 03:54 PM
Ian Yates

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=3654104 889

I have had a few people ask me about the tubs.
They have been renamed as the Sonderklasse 175 (cost £45 each at the
time - cost £52 today at Parker Mail Order).

In Continental speak:-
'A top class cotton track racing tubular suitable for a range of track
events. Available in two weights 165 and 175. The special class
inflates to 170 psi and delivers superior all around track performance
with a traditional carbon black tread.'

Please dont confuse it with the cheap (in quality and performance)
'Sprinter 250'. These are a quality tub. I do use the Sprinter 250 on
another pair of track wheels for outdoor racing on rougher tracks.

Thanks,
Ian