Good place to get unicycling on TV.

Old May 19th 04, 03:01 PM
reidj

Default Good place to get unicycling on TV.

I just signed up for the "Fuel" cable network, an all "action sports"
cable channel. There is a show on Fuel titled "Project Detention" that
shows non-professionally-produced sports videos. Fuel and Project
Detention are both well produced. The websites are
http://www.projectdetention.com and http://www.fuel.tv.
The only additional info I know is that Project Detention focuses on
videos produced by younger (high school-age and younger) filmmakers and
editors. Fuel may be open to airing professionally-produced unicycling
videos. Make sure you *really* read the video and music clearance
documents before sending in your submissions.

This seems like a great way to promote unicycling to a much larger
audience.

--
reidj - Looking for a uni-basketball game
reidj's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5755

Old May 19th 04, 05:30 PM
noclowns

that's cool

--
noclowns
noclowns's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6359

Old May 19th 04, 10:44 PM
andrew_carter

A friend of mine who gets 'Fuel' here in Australia said he's seen
unicycing on there twice already! He's going to tape it the next time
he sees it. Apparently some of the mountain biking guys who are on the
show regularly are also mountain and trials unicyclists. I've never
seen the show/channel but it sounds interesting.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

Old May 20th 04, 03:15 PM
reidj

It would really be great to see some of our younger unicyclists on the
"Project Detention" show. Maybe you all could send in some of the videos
you have posted on Unicyclist.com.

Old May 21st 04, 01:41 AM
uni412

My brother and I will be entering high school next year and we are
planning to make a video of our best riding. Do you think a video
imported into the computer by a firewire port and put back onto a tape
would be high enough quality?

You can see our other movies in the gallery. Our album is called
"Uni412's Trials and Street Album".

--
uni412 - unicycle fanatic
uni412's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4707

Old May 21st 04, 03:27 AM
bugman

Reid... Check your PM's

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

Old May 21st 04, 03:15 PM
reidj

Uni 412,
Yes, "video through firewire and back to tape" would be ok, just don't
compress the video too much when you load it to your hard drive. The
more video compression you use, the worse your video will look. Check
your hardware and editing software. Some editing software allows you do
make all of your edit decisions in a low video quality (but hard drive
space-saving) rough cut and then do a high video quality conform based
on your edit list. If your hard drive is large enough you may just be
able to load the video to your hard drive in high video quality, edit
this footage, and output that video straight to tape. Your storage needs
will depend on how much raw footage you want to work with and how long
you expect the finished piece to be. Try some very simple edit jobs and
see the output quality for yourself.

Old May 21st 04, 10:42 PM
uni412

Thanks. Maybe I'll send a video in this summer. It would be really cool
to see it on TV.