NYC Century Ride (Sept 7, 2008)

Old July 21st 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kiwi in Vermont

Default NYC Century Ride (Sept 7, 2008)

Kiwi in Vermont wrote:
Add me to the list, I'm 90% certain at this point.

Oops, I spoke too soon. I have something else going on that day, so I
can't make it...

Have fun!

--
Kiwi in Vermont
Old July 25th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
einrad101

hey i have a question, i was looking at my calender and realized sept. 7
is closely in on me and i realized i need to start training!!
what is the best why to train for this ride? earlier in the year i
did a 40 mile bike race, and i trained for that by riding 10+ miles
everyday. Though i am thinking that 10+ miles isnt going to cut it for
a 100 mile tour.
So does anybody have any tips to help me get in shape without riding
my unicycle 20-30 miles a day?

This is how i am going to go about it:
10+ everyday
and a 40 mile ride every two weeks
Do any experienced distance riders have any other tips?
I would really appreciate it!!

--
einrad101

People who pass me tell me that I am crazy.....
I just tell them that I am a uniatic
Old July 25th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
David_Stone

On training:

einrad101 wrote:
This is how i am going to go about it:
10+ everyday
and a 40 mile ride every two weeks
Do any experienced distance riders have any other tips?
I would really appreciate it!!

Actually, that's a LOT more than I'll be doing. I've basically ridden
15 miles since the Lobster. I'll try to get in a few more rides before
the big day.

If you're already in good shape, then you're pretty much all set. It's
not a race, so you need a comfortable seat and some good riding pants,
a decent liquid-delivery system, and a unicycle. There's not much more
than that, esp'ly since they provide food and liquid at 15 mile
intervals, on average.

Your regimen sounds great, tho it's def'ly more than I ever did before
my previous centuries. I should point out that in both cases, I rode a
few miles a day, everyday, for months ahead of time as part of my
regular commute and on errands, etc. I just never thought of it as
'training.'

--
David_Stone

Dictator for Life,
NYUC

Check out my blog (or else):
http://newyorkunicycle.blogspot.com/
Old July 25th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
einrad101

ok thanks a lot, i guess after reading that does sound like a bit. i'll
just make sure to ride to everyday! which shouldnt be a problem!