I tried... sorry

Old July 25th 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

Default I tried... sorry

I did the search but I couldn't find what I want so sorry if this is an
old question. I have a Nimbus 36" and want to put a speedometer on the
t7. What is a good one for that uni? Thanks for the help guys.

--
rem48
Old July 25th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

I got 'this one' (http://ecom1.planetbike.com/8001.html). It's cool and
I like it a lot. Its pretty cheap if you get it on bikeman.com too.
The only bad thing is that you need to slim down one of the spokes for
the magnet to fit on if you have 12 g spokes. Other than that it's
great and I would reccomend it.

--
uniaddict

Savin $cash$ by commuting
SixSixOne sponsored me for nothing
*50 foot coast!*
Old July 25th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

how do you tell what gauge spokes you have, I don't remember what I was
told was on it? Any other suggestions on a meter anyone???? Thanks for
the info so far.

--
rem48
Old July 25th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rubix

i used a schyinn (sp) meter on my 36er when I had it. Had no probs with
it. I had one on my 29er (same type) until I realized I was way too
dependent on the meter on my rides. Since I got rid of it, I enjoy my
rides way more than I did when I had it. If you do get one for the
36er, you will have to convert the counter over to the 36" wheel. Its
not in the booklet that comes with the meter. I googled it once I found
the formula, and may have posted the number here on the forums. Lemme do
a search from all my old posts and I will link it.

As for the gauges of the spokes, the bigger then number, the thicker
the spokes are. At least that's how wire gauges work. I'd be willing to
bet that spoke gauges work the same way.

--
Rubix

UniDudeDX wrote:
I think some mob member is gonna hear bout this and come and kick you so
hard youl cough up your scrotum sack.

Old July 25th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rubix

ok, so I can't edit my post, bah!

Anywho, with a little research, and creative use of the search function
(actually useful, yay!) this thread http://tinyurl.com/5bdnd9 may help
you. It has some numbers for the bike computer for the 36er. Your
manual will show it only going to about a 29er diameter tire. But you
can put the numbers in the thread into the computer and they should
work with the one magnet on the tire fairly accurately. That's the
setup I had on my radial 36er. Hope this works for you and you get your
computer setup without any problems!

--
Rubix

Old July 25th 08, 08:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

Correction, with spoke guages the smaller the guage the bigger the
spokes. 12 guage is bigger than 14 guage. Thats why I needed to trim
mine. As for you if you have a stock 36 chances you have 12 guage.
Also cycle computers are almost always universal all you have to do is
type in your wheel circumference in millimeters. This is at least true
for mine.