Another Cycling Sponsor Quits

Old October 21st 12, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
michael adams[_2_]

Default Another Cycling Sponsor Quits

wrote in message

The Bank has some pretty scathing comments to make - including about the
current state of cycling as a sport:

Dutch bank Rabobank ended its multi-million Dollar backing of
professional cycling on Friday, the latest sponsor scared away
by a doping scandal that has engulfed seven-times Tour de France
winner Lance Armstrong.

The bank is the biggest backer of the high profile Dutch Rabobank
team, with total sponsorship worth US$20 million a year in a
cycling-mad nation with as many bikes as people.

The decision shows the damage being done to cycling after the US
Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) said Armstrong had taken part in and
organised a sophisticated
doping scheme on his way to success.

All it actually shows is that

a) As in many other fields in the USA is trying to take over and
exert its domination over everybody else.

Up until fairly recently nobody in the UK or the USA for that matter
actually cared very about cycle racing which to most people is a
European sport. Even fewer of them could name a race other than the
TdF. Sure there have been "scandals" before but hardly anyone
outside of the sport actually noticed.

Then the Americans moved in. And the effect is the same as
happens everywhere else. An American wins the TdF for a
number of years riding for a US based team, then a US based
lawyer with a flair for publicity decides to make a name for
himself by "investigating" his fellow American and in the
process undermines European cycle racing.

b) If you sling enough mud around some of it will ineviably
stick. And reagadless of the actual truthh of the matter
some people simply can't affort to get splattered.

Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well.

And all the fools are marching in step behind them

michael adams

"We are no longer convinced that the international professional world of
cycling can make this a clean and fair sport. We are not confident that this
will change for the better in the foreseeable future", Bert Bruggink, a
Rabobank board member, said.

"The international sport of cycling is not only sick, the sickness goes up to
the highest levels."

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...486&sec=sports

Old October 21st 12, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:05:20 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well.

I am pretty sure that someone has already described you as a fool.

thanks for the confirmation.

Those two disparate things are obviously equally important (well, to a ****wit
at least)
Old October 21st 12, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
michael adams[_2_]

"Judith" wrote in message

I am pretty sure that someone has already described you as a fool.

Quite possibly so.

It's just a pity that the only thing that you're not sure about
yourself, is that you give every impression of being a very sad
and lonely individual, who has nothing better to do with his
time than spending his whole life in vainly trying to undermine
other people, from under a cloak of total anonymity. For no
possible hope of success or reward of any kind.

And you're not alone in this of course, far from it.

But just so long as UseNet is archived you'll always have the
opportunity, at some time in the future, to look back
on all the pointless drivel you've posted on Usenet down
the years.

And then decide for yourself, exactly who is the bigger fool.

thanks for the confirmation.

If I'm going to acknowledge that I'm even bothering to read
somebody else's post, whom I claim to dislike, as you've just
done there, then I'm afraid I'd make a rather better job of it than
you have.

So that, not only do you have years of posting pointless drivel
to look back on, in years to come, but most of it is characterised
by an ineptitude, it would probably be very difficult to match.

michael adams

Old October 21st 12, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 15:16:05 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

michael adams said:

"Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well."

Judith suggested that these two subjects were so different that michael adams
must be a ****wit.

He then proceeded to argue the toss.

Yep .... difficult one that.

Old October 21st 12, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
michael adams[_2_]

"Judith" wrote in message

snip

Judith suggested

snip

Anyone who refers to himself in the 3rd person, may
already be suspected of suffering from a personality
disorder of some kind.

More especially when he chooses to post under
a woman's name, for some unaccountable reason.

michael adams

Old October 21st 12, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:05:58 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

michael adams

--

michael adams showing his knowledge of world affairs:

Old October 21st 12, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
michael adams[_2_]

"Judith" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:05:58 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

michael adams

--

michael adams showing his knowledge of world affairs:

"Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well."

If you had a clue, you'd already have used one of your socks to
support you. Only you haven't, you're that useless.

And it's too late now.

Similarly if you had a clue you'd be using NewsReaders
other than Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186, assigning one to each of
your socks.

Only you didn't did you ?

You're that clueless.

What's the point of even thinking of discussing World Affairs
with somebody as useless as you?

michael adams

Old October 21st 12, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:36:49 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

"Judith" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:05:58 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

michael adams

--

michael adams showing his knowledge of world affairs:

"Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well."

If you had a clue, you'd already have used one of your socks to
support you. Only you haven't, you're that useless.

And it's too late now.

Similarly if you had a clue you'd be using NewsReaders
other than Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186, assigning one to each of
your socks.

If only you knew.

I can assure you if I want to cover my tracks, I know how to do it. Perhaps I
use the same newsreader when I *want* some ****wit to spot it and think that he
is oh so smart.

You're not very good at this; but please do continue.

Old October 22nd 12, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 21 okt, 14:57, Judith wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:05:20 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well.

I *am pretty sure that someone has already described you as a fool.

thanks for the confirmation.

Those two disparate things are obviously equally important (well, to a ****wit
at least)

Sadly one can only assume that you really are as boring, repetitive,
uninformative, and unamusing in real life, as you quite
evidently are, on UseNet.
Old October 22nd 12, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 21 okt, 16:39, Judith wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 15:16:05 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

michael adams said:

"Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well."

Judith suggested that these two subjects were so different that michael adams
must be a ****wit.

He then proceeded to argue the toss.

Yep .... difficult one that.

Sadly one can only assume that you really are as boring, repetitive,
uninformative, and unamusing in real life, as you quite
evidently are, on UseNet.

Isle of Wight cycling event sponsor asks cyclists to obey the law Mr Benn[_5_] UK 5 May 18th 12 09:43 PM
Basso quits Discovery Jeff Jones Racing 3 April 30th 07 08:34 PM
Jan Ullrich quits elyob UK 8 February 28th 07 09:07 PM
Landis quits Vincent Patrick Australia 2 December 18th 06 12:38 AM
Lotto: Top Sponsor Exposure, 2nd Sponsor Price [email protected] Racing 2 July 6th 05 07:45 AM