Why I'm not upset about being banned from URCM

Old October 21st 12, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
michael adams[_2_]

Default Why I'm not upset about being banned from URCM

Ian Jackson" wrote in message
... In article
,

Speaking of which, my cranks are wobbling very slightly and the BB
needs attention. (It's s Thorn Audax mk3, not sure what the BB is but
I assume it's one of these cassette ones.) Is this a job for the LBS
or do I want a more distant but perhaps more experienced mender ?

--
Ian Jackson personal email:
These opinions are my own. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/

"One of those cassette ones"

"A more distant but experienced mender"

Yeah like changing BB's is like brain surgery, and stuff.

You simply couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

michael adams

Old October 21st 12, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Says the person who said:

--

michael adams showing his knowledge of world affairs:

"Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well."
Old October 21st 12, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
michael adams[_2_]

Says the person who said:

--

michael adams showing his knowledge of world affairs:

I might have thought that posting, never mind moderating on a
cycling NewsGroup, would presuppose at least a modicum of basic
curiosity about the actual components of the bicycle being ridden

Which it seems clearly isn't the case where Mr Jackson is concerned.

Thank you for helping me to re-iterate that point as it seems
it may have escaped you.

A knowledge of world affairs on the other hand, isn't a
prerequisite for participation on Cycling Newsgroups.
Neither it would seem in your case, is an overfamilarity
with rhetorical devices.

"Having laid waste to the Middle East the Yanks have now
set their sights on European cycling as well."

Sadly one can only assume that you really are as boring, repetitive,
uninformative, and unamusing in real life, as you quite
evidently are, on UseNet.

michael adams

Old October 21st 12, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 17:41:41 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

snip

Sadly one can only assume that you really are as boring, repetitive,
uninformative, and unamusing in real life, as you quite
evidently are, on UseNet.

Sorry - what do you mean?

Old October 21st 12, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On 21 Oct, 16:46, "michael adams" wrote:
Ian Jackson" wrote in message

... In article
,

Speaking of which, my cranks are wobbling very slightly and the BB
needs attention. *(It's s Thorn Audax mk3, not sure what the BB is but
I assume it's one of these cassette ones.) *Is this a job for the LBS
or do I want a more distant but perhaps more experienced mender ?

--
Ian Jackson * * * * * * * * *personal email:
These opinions are my own. * * * *http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/
PGP2 key 1024R/0x23f5addb, * * fingerprint 5906F687 BD03ACAD 0D8E602E FCF37657

"One of those cassette ones"

LPs have always been the better choice.

"A more distant but experienced mender"

Mungo Jerry fixes his Triumph in a layby -fnarr fnarr.

Yeah like changing BB's is like brain surgery, and stuff.

Exchange 'em for DDs, much more satisfactory.

You simply couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

I could, I could.