getting your groove back

Old August 16th 03, 04:57 PM
bgaudet0801

Default getting your groove back

Well the retinal surgery is done. I've been on some about-town rides and
some commutes. But it was a long layoff.

The hardest part is just getting started on a real ride. I want to go today
but the weather forecast calls for thunderstorms.... *sigh*

Should I risk it?

barry - formerly posting under

Old August 16th 03, 06:49 PM
Tom Keats

In article .rogers.com,
"bgaudet0801" writes:

Well the retinal surgery is done. I've been on some about-town rides and
some commutes. But it was a long layoff.

Hi, Barry. It's good to hear from you again. I hope
everything went well for you.

The hardest part is just getting started on a real ride. I want to go today
but the weather forecast calls for thunderstorms.... *sigh*

Should I risk it?

I wouldn't. It might get too windy. I figure the last thing
you'd need would be a speck of grit blown into your eye. One
more day off probably won't kill ya. But it's your call.
What does your intuition say?

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old August 17th 03, 11:12 AM
Phil

The hardest part is just getting started on a real ride. I want to go today
but the weather forecast calls for thunderstorms.... *sigh*

Should I risk it?

I risked it last year and got caught in a nasty thunder storm and as I was
chugging through the pouring rain, with the thunder and lightening all around,
a car pulled over and offered me a ride home. Tossed the bike in his trunk and
got his seat all wet. Happened years before in NH's WHite mountains, another
storm and another couple offered their car as a haven until the storm let up.
There are good people out there.

Phil
(Harveywallbanger)

Old August 17th 03, 11:04 PM
bgaudet0801

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article .rogers.com,
"bgaudet0801" writes:

Well the retinal surgery is done. I've been on some about-town rides

and
some commutes. But it was a long layoff.

Hi, Barry. It's good to hear from you again. I hope
everything went well for you.

Thanks. Well enough I guess. If anyone is thinking about detaching their
retina, ya know, on a whim: DON"T DO IT!!! Detaching it doesn't hurt, The
surgery isn't so bad though they keep you awake for it - narco-lept or
twilight sleep. The first week after hurts like hell. Imagine having your
eyeball dropped in a deep fryer.

It's pretty much healed now, though

The hardest part is just getting started on a real ride. I want to go

today
but the weather forecast calls for thunderstorms.... *sigh*

Should I risk it?

I wouldn't. It might get too windy. I figure the last thing
you'd need would be a speck of grit blown into your eye. One
more day off probably won't kill ya. But it's your call.
What does your intuition say?

My little man is an idiot [homage to George Costanza]

I didn't go. Swam instead. I di two fifty minute sets so I actually feel
good about working off some of those convalescing kilos. I went today
though. A beautiful day. I did the river trail - not too extreme and very
familiar though there were a couple trees down over the trails since I last
rode them.

About 30 km all tolled. Not bad. Thanks to the Great Power Blackout of
2003 I don't have to work until at least Wednesday so I figure, as the
northeast ramps up its electrical grid to potential, I'll ramp up my rides
to top out my own potential.

'If life hands you lemons: squeeze them into your water bottle and go for a
ride.'

Old August 18th 03, 01:33 AM
David Kerber

In article tZS%a.210129$hOa.110178
@news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, says...

'If life hands you lemons: squeeze them into your water bottle and go for a
ride.'

Very nice philosophy!!

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Old August 18th 03, 05:12 AM
Tom Keats

In article .rogers.com,
"bgaudet0801" writes:

About 30 km all tolled. Not bad. Thanks to the Great Power Blackout of
2003 I don't have to work until at least Wednesday so I figure, as the
northeast ramps up its electrical grid to potential, I'll ramp up my rides
to top out my own potential.

That's great! You'll get all your conditioning back before
you know it.

'If life hands you lemons: squeeze them into your water bottle and go for a
ride.'

Or just make a tom collins :-)

cheers,
Tom

Back Pain Chas Williams General 3 August 15th 03 01:57 AM
Anti-cycling House bill Laura Bush General 117 July 31st 03 02:18 AM
Lower back pains Jiyang Chen General 7 July 28th 03 01:10 PM
Pannier Back Covers Chris Harbert General 4 July 27th 03 02:59 PM
Back Pain - Tips for selecting a new bike (Specialized versus Trek) Elisa Francesca Roselli General 1 July 19th 03 06:20 AM