Bacchetta agio vs. Ran v3

Old August 15th 08, 12:24 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
surfdog

Default Bacchetta agio vs. Ran v3

Totally new to recumbent biking and looking for advice on my first
time buy.

Today I rode a 2008 Ran v3 and was pretty impressed with it.Felt very
stable and comfortable. I was close to buying it but decided to do
more research on different bikes. I saw a brochure on the Bacchetta
Agio and was surprised to see how similar it appeared to the Ran v3.
The major difference was the smaller 20" front wheel as opposed to the
26" front wheel on the Ran.

Anybody have any experience with these bikes or words of wisdom on
which to buy.

I am 57 years old in good shape. I usually run 4-5 days /week but the
pounding is taking a toll on the back.I was hoping to buy one of these
and use in my exercise routine.

Any comments would be appreciated by the new guy. Thanks
Old August 15th 08, 02:21 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Bacchetta Agio vs. RANS V3

surfdog aka Jeff Balfoort wrote:
Totally new to recumbent biking and looking for advice on my first
time buy.

RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS RANS!

All caps, all the time. [Insert snarky comment from Perry Butler here.]

Today I rode a 2008 R[ANS] v3 and was pretty impressed with it.Felt very
stable and comfortable. I was close to buying it but decided to do
more research on different bikes. I saw a brochure on the Bacchetta
Agio and was surprised to see how similar it appeared to the R[ANS] v3.
The major difference was the smaller 20" front wheel as opposed to the
26" front wheel on the R[ANS].

Anybody have any experience with these bikes or words of wisdom on
which to buy.

No one ever went wrong buying a RANS bicycle. [1]

I am 57 years old in good shape. I usually run 4-5 days /week but the
pounding is taking a toll on the back.I was hoping to buy one of these
and use in my exercise routine.

Cycling is much more fun than running.

Any comments would be appreciated by the new guy. Thanks

Trying to be unbiased, ride both and buy the one that feels more
comfortable (riding comfort and comfort in the handling qualities).

[1] Despite what one may think, I have no connection with the company,
except as a customer.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 15th 08, 11:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
surfdog

On Aug 14, 8:21*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
surfdog aka Jeff Balfoort wrote: Totally new to recumbent biking and looking for advice on my first
[...]

Well I went with the Rans V3. Just got back from a quick 8 mile ride
and have to say it rides very smooth. Felt great while cruising. Had
some minor problems with not remembering to downshift at stop signs
but I think I learned that lesson. Felt like a good workout but my
butt is a little sore. I guess that is to be expected since this is my
first ride.

So far I am happy with my decision. Thanks for all the comments!
Old August 16th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

surfdog wrote:
On Aug 14, 8:21 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
[...]

The soreness is likely from muscle use, and not from sitting on the seat.

So far I am happy with my decision. Thanks for all the comments!

Please, RANS is always ALL CAPS!