Cyclometer calibration for 406 rim with 28x406 tire

Old August 25th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
bent cybrarian

Default Cyclometer calibration for 406 rim with 28x406 tire

Am I correct in assuming the 4 digit number for calibrating my Sigma
cyclometer would be between 1550&1555. Did roll out and computation.
Old August 25th 08, 12:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
live_evil

bent cybrarian pisze:
Am I correct in assuming the 4 digit number for calibrating my Sigma
cyclometer would be between 1550&1555. Did roll out and computation.

No, it would be 1450-1460.

--
Lower, faster...
My homebuilt FWD recumbent
Old August 25th 08, 12:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

bent cybrarian wrote:
Am I correct in assuming the 4 digit number for calibrating my Sigma
cyclometer would be between 1550&1555. Did roll out and computation.

That is about the diameter I get for a Tioga Comp Pool which is a
nominal 47-406 tire.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”
Old August 25th 08, 01:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
live_evil

Tom Sherman pisze:
bent cybrarian wrote:
Am I correct in assuming the 4 digit number for calibrating my Sigma
cyclometer would be between 1550&1555. Did roll out and computation.

That is about the diameter I get for a Tioga Comp Pool which is a

^^^^^^^^

circumference

Old August 26th 08, 05:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
gotbent[_8_]

"live_evil" wrote in message
Tom Sherman pisze:
bent cybrarian wrote:
Am I correct in assuming the 4 digit number for calibrating my Sigma
cyclometer would be between 1550&1555. Did roll out and computation.

That is about the diameter I get for a Tioga Comp Pool which is a

^^^^^^^^

circumference

--
Lower, faster...
My homebuilt FWD recumbent
-- http://piotrowiak.info/poziom
jid:live_evil[]jabber.ru gg:6373907

I think a 28x406 will be closer to 1520. (approx 59.7") Of course with
higher inflation pressure and a light rider the number could be higher. Did
you sit on the bike to do the rollout?

gotbent aka FRVT rider

Old August 29th 08, 01:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

On Aug 24, 6:27*pm, bent cybrarian wrote:
Am I correct in assuming the 4 digit number for calibrating my Sigma
cyclometer would be between 1550&1555. Did roll out and computation.

As a point of reference, I do a rollout of 3 rotations at normal tire
inflation pressure with me on the bike and then divide by 3 to
minimize error. For an Avocet Freestyle (44-406 - 20 x 1.75), my
number is 1527. For my Schwalbe Stelvio (28-406 - 20 x 1.125), my
number is 1451.