Ed Dolan the Grate on Usenet

Old September 11th 08, 02:17 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Ed Dolan the Grate on Usenet

On Sep 10, 7:27*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 10, 10:55 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
It is my persona [egomaniac] which I have perfected for the purposes of
these
newsgroups. Unlike you, I consider all unmoderated newsgroups to be
nothing
but a playground for fools. I mean to be the biggest fool of all ... yea,
the champion of all fools. But you are a fool for real. You proved it with
Ed Gin and now you prove it with me.
[...]

Your persona sucks by the way. Invent a new one.

Nope, it is a lot of work to invent a persona. I have perfected mine over
the course of several years. I have come a long ways from when I first
entered the world of Usenet. I was once innocent and quite naive, but Tom
Sherman of ARBR soon taught me the ways of this crude and vulgar world. Now
I am here to kick ass myself. In fact, I now kick ass without any rhyme or
reason to it other than for the sheer joy of it. Tom Sherman created a
monster without even knowing what he was doing.

The turning point came with the Ed Gin episode. I then and there decided
that Usenet was for the birds and I was going to become the meanest son of a
bitch in the valley of death even if it meant the end of ARBR. Up to that
point I thought that ARBR could still be a forum for our common interests,
but the fleeing of all the regulars (Tom Sherman foremost among them) when
faced with a criminal vandal troll like Ed Gin convinced me that this
newsgroup was not worth the powder to blow it up. I have been on a rampage
ever since, although I will still give respect to anyone provided they also
show respect. Just how rare is that?[...]

For the 497,276,573,168,637,581,157,579,348,841,834,125,48 4th time, Ed
Gin is NOT "Johnny NoCom".

In fact Johnny NoCom isn't Johnny NoCom, but merely the pseudonym
conduit who posted for several contributors and if he is reading this
probably knows that I know who he is, but Ed Gin he is not. I suspect
that Ed Gin didn't provided some input, but he was not Johnny NoCom
and this is all ancient history that Dolan just can't stop babbling
about. The man is stuck in a time warp of yesteryear. Time to move
on Dolan.

“Mary had a little lamb / And when she saw it sicken /
She shipped it off to Packingtown / And now it’s labeled chicken.”