Boring tour ?

Old July 15th 12, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Boring tour ?

I usually watch every day but this year I find myself doing work around the house even going out for a bike ride while the tour is on.

And with Froome playing Lemond to Bernie Wiggins it's even less entertaining.

I am starting to think it's better with dope. I want to see Ricco, Landis, Pantani and Armstrong battle in the mountains... instead it's Jim Ochowicz tripping over himself on the side of the road that's been the most entertaining 'action' in this years tour.
Old July 15th 12, 08:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

I think this has been a average tour, but not a great one. Personally
I had been hoping that Cadel Evans would win again. But this will be
great victory for British cycling. The brit's have a great cycling
heritage. So it's nice they have a victory after all these years.

Old July 15th 12, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 15/07/2012 19:35, Anton Berlin wrote:
I usually watch every day but this year I find myself doing work around the house even going out for a bike ride while the tour is on.

Riding bicycles is a bit dangerous for someone as inherently unbalanced as you,
I should stick to doing a bit of hoovering Anton, that's right up your street.

Old July 15th 12, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:38:16 PM UTC-5, Randall wrote:
I think this has been a average tour, but not a great one. Personally
I had been hoping that Cadel Evans would win again. But this will be
great victory for British cycling. The brit's have a great cycling
heritage. So it's nice they have a victory after all these years.

On Jul 15, 11:35*am, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> I usually watch every day but this year I find myself doing work around the house even going out for a bike ride while the tour is on.
>
> And with Froome playing Lemond to Bernie Wiggins it's even less entertaining.
>
> I am starting to think it's better with dope. *I want to see Ricco, Landis, Pantani and Armstrong battle in the mountains... instead it's Jim Ochowicz tripping over himself on the side of the road that's been the most entertaining 'action' in this years tour.

Any tour a Brit wins should be boring. That's how they do things.

Mike
Old July 16th 12, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Frederick the Great

In article ,
Anton Berlin wrote:

I am starting to think it's better with dope.

Toldja.

--
Old Fritz
Old July 16th 12, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

Today was more piercing than boring.

I hear next year Slime is going to be a major Tour sponsor.

Old July 16th 12, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 16/07/2012 04:17, RicodJour wrote:
Today was more piercing than boring.

I hear next year Slime is going to be a major Tour sponsor.

Nah, the UCI is going to mandate 2" wide steel belted radials for all future
Grand Tours.

Old July 24th 12, 08:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall

There was not any real memorable attacks this year. If Contador is
back on form then I predict he will smash the field next year.

Old July 24th 12, 09:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Randall wrote:
There was not any real memorable attacks this year. If Contador is
back on form then I predict he will smash the field next year.

Even Andy Schleck did at least try and attack last year.
Old July 24th 12, 09:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Anton Berlin wrote:
I usually watch every day but this year I find myself doing work around the house even going out for a bike ride while the tour is on.

Watching Boasson-Hagen single-handedly riding down a break full of
climbers on a col made me go all nostalgic for the good old Postal days.