CNN's Jack Cafferty - HIT & RUN DRIVER

Old August 17th 03, 08:24 PM
aunt millie

Default CNN's Jack Cafferty - HIT & RUN DRIVER

NEW YORK (AP) - A bicyclist has filed a $10 million lawsuit against
CNN anchor Jack Cafferty for leaving the scene of an accident.

The lawsuit, filed Thursday in state Supreme Court in Manhattan,
alleges Cafferty was "reckless and grossly negligent" when he knocked
Billy Maldonado off his bike with his Cadillac and drove away on May
14.

Earlier this month, the anchor was ordered to pay a $250 fine and
perform 70 hours of community service after pleading guilty to leaving
the scene of an accident.

A traffic officer and about five pedestrians ran after Cafferty's car
to stop him after the accident, but Cafferty drove through at least
two red lights and around other vehicles without stopping, dragging
the bike beneath his car, according to a police complaint.

Cafferty later told police that he'd seen a man on a bike who may have
been a messenger weaving in and out of traffic as he drove south on
Ninth Avenue. He told police that when he looked in his mirror, he saw
the man getting up off the ground but was unaware he had hit the
bicyclist.

Maldonado had told police he was slightly injured. His lawsuit called
the injuries serious.

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...D7SUL5IO0.html

To me this sounds a lot more serious than a $250 fine. With his
money, tha't's no penalty at all. He should have done 6 months or so
in the can, but when you're a big-shot bush-toady journalist, you can
get away with stuff like this. He could have killed this cyclist, but
he didn't care

Old August 17th 03, 08:30 PM
Sorni

aunt millie wrote in message
NEW YORK (AP) - A bicyclist has filed a $10 million lawsuit against
CNN anchor Jack Cafferty for leaving the scene of an accident.

In other news, President Kennedy was shot in 1963.

Bill "against the current" S.

Old August 18th 03, 04:11 AM
Laura Bush - America's kid-killer

"Sorni" wrote in message . ..
aunt millie wrote in message
NEW YORK (AP) - A bicyclist has filed a $10 million lawsuit against
CNN anchor Jack Cafferty for leaving the scene of an accident.

In other news, President Kennedy was shot in 1963.

Bill "against the current" S.

Speaking of 1963, that's the same year laura bush murdered her ex boy friend.
Old August 18th 03, 04:12 AM
James Dolan

in article ,
laura bush - america's kid-killer wrote:

| In other news, President Kennedy was shot in 1963.
|
| Bill "against the current" S.
|
|Speaking of 1963, that's the same year laura bush murdered her ex boy
|friend.

not just the same year; it was also the same state (texas) and the
same month (november). always thought someone could have made some
sort of conspiracy theory out of that. you're a brainless nutcase;
why don't you be the one?

--

[e-mail address ]