Polar Monitor "connectivity"

Old August 7th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gunny

Default Polar Monitor "connectivity"

Those of you with Polar heart rate monitors know how the watch fits/
connects to the handlebar bracket in which the monitor sits: There is
a pin (piston) on the handlebar bracket which protrudes into an
orifice (cylinder) on the back of the watch.

Occasionally, I will look down and see that my mph readout is 0:0. If
I push down gently on the watch to force the pin more firmly into the
orifice, the speedometer immediately comes to life.

If I crank down the plastic wrist strap on the watch any tighter over
the bracket, I risk tearing it.

Is there anything I can do/anyone has done to make a firmer/tighter
seal between the pin and orifice? Any electrically conductive
product?

Many thanks,
Bob

Old August 8th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Aug 7, 5:29 pm, Gunny wrote:
Those of you with Polar heart rate monitors know how the watch fits/
connects to the handlebar bracket in which the monitor sits: There is
a pin (piston) on the handlebar bracket which protrudes into an
orifice (cylinder) on the back of the watch.

Occasionally, I will look down and see that my mph readout is 0:0. If
I push down gently on the watch to force the pin more firmly into the
orifice, the speedometer immediately comes to life.

If I crank down the plastic wrist strap on the watch any tighter over
the bracket, I risk tearing it.

Is there anything I can do/anyone has done to make a firmer/tighter
seal between the pin and orifice? Any electrically conductive
product?

Many thanks,
Bob

try a dab of vaseline

Old August 8th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
BobT[_3_]

"Gunny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Those of you with Polar heart rate monitors know how the watch fits/
connects to the handlebar bracket in which the monitor sits: There is
a pin (piston) on the handlebar bracket which protrudes into an
orifice (cylinder) on the back of the watch.

Occasionally, I will look down and see that my mph readout is 0:0. If
I push down gently on the watch to force the pin more firmly into the
orifice, the speedometer immediately comes to life.

If I crank down the plastic wrist strap on the watch any tighter over
the bracket, I risk tearing it.

Is there anything I can do/anyone has done to make a firmer/tighter
seal between the pin and orifice? Any electrically conductive
product?

Many thanks,
Bob

I found it hard to get the wrist strap tight enough using its buckle. I
place the watch on the bike mount with the strap slightly snug. Then I
place of small wedge that I carved out of wood between the strap and the
back of the mounting bracket pulling it very tight. This setup eliminated
the problem you describe on my bike.

BobT