UUU website redeisgn

Old November 13th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gkmac

Default UUU website redeisgn

rob.northcott;1130440 wrote:
And let's face it, none of the rest of us could be arsed to do it

Ahem!

--
gkmac

"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
"If its wet, it won't hurt as much when we fall off." - Eddbmxdude
Old November 13th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

rob.northcott;1130440 wrote:
Give him a chance - he's keen, even if the style isn't to everybody's
taste at the moment. And let's face it, none of the rest of us could be
arsed to do it

Rob

Yeah, definitely, something needed doing, and having someone who can be
bothered to do it is great. As for style etc. you can never get these
things right first time. I know my first web page (which thankfully is
not easily findable google any more), was really really bad - whereas
this is at least a basically functional skeleton site.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new pics'
(http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old November 17th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
delcypher

Hey could a few opinions about the banner on the site now?

The site still looks quite ugly as i haven't implemented a lot of the
css code yet, but thoughts?

--
delcypher

Road, Muni, & Trials- My first video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeUyz9mfwI8
Old November 17th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

I like the new logo/flag thing. The rest of it is looking much more
"conventional" now, so should please more people. Could do with a
border around the text so it doesn't touch the edge of the coloured
boxes (but you did say you hadn't dealt with that sort of thing yet).
And for some reason I feel like the linky menu thing should be on the
left - but that's probably just me!

And the text is just rubbish

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old November 17th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

delcypher;1132548 wrote:
Hey could a few opinions about the banner on the site now?

The site still looks quite ugly as i haven't implemented a lot of the
css code yet, but thoughts?

It looks better than it was, so that's good.

I do a lot of my browsing on my mobile though (Windows Mobile 6), and
although it displays fine, none of the links at the top except for FAQ
work on there.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old November 17th 08, 05:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tim_desmet

looks good

--
tim_desmet

Old November 17th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
delcypher

@Rob - Thanks, I'll probably re-arrange that. It's probably more logical
that way round because if the user is using a low screen resolution they
will still see it.

@Semac the monkey - Interesting problem. I'm going to blame IE on that
one. When you say the links don't work... do you mean the sub menus
don't appear? When you hover the mouse over anything but "FAQ" a sub
menu should appear (It's been tested on IE7, Firefox and Opera so far
and they all work).

The easiest fix I can think of is having a site map on the bottom of
the page that users can also use to navigate (which I was going to have
anyway). But i'd like to look into this problem more. Do you have
anymore details (I assume Windows mobile uses some customised version of
Internet explorer)?

Old November 17th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

delcypher;1132622 wrote:

@Semac the monkey - Interesting problem. I'm going to blame IE on that
one. When you say the links don't work... do you mean the sub menus
don't appear? When you hover the mouse over anything but "FAQ" a sub
menu should appear (It's been tested on IE7, Firefox and Opera so far
and they all work).

The easiest fix I can think of is having a site map on the bottom of
the page that users can also use to navigate (which I was going to have
anyway). But i'd like to look into this problem more. Do you have
anymore details (I assume Windows mobile uses some customised version of
Internet explorer)?

Yeah, Windows Mobile uses a cut down version of IE. I think most sites
treat it like IE5. Because there's no mouse on a mobile phone I don't
have the option of hovering over anything, but the direction pad is used
to move up, down, left or right to the next clickable hyperlink. The
FAQ page is the only one I can select as it treats the other links as
static text.

A site map page would work fine though.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old November 17th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
delcypher

A site map page would work fine though.

Ok, I'll do a site map as well then. Thanks for taking the time to test
it for me STM.

Old November 17th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sarah.miller

reading black text on such a bright blue backgroud hurts my eyes. in all
seroiousness I find it very hard to read text on coloured back grounds
unless light/ pastal clours.

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet