Pre-Unicon XV Los Angeles stop over Weekend?

Old November 29th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ThisGuyIKnow

Default Pre-Unicon XV Los Angeles stop over Weekend?

From Klaas Bil's thread about flights from Amsterdam to Wellington. I
was doing some research on flights from Europe and it seems many
European unicyclists might have stop overs in Los Angeles.

Might there be interest in arranging some sort of a Los Angeles
Unicycle Stop over for Unicon Bound travelers.

If enough people were interested in making a day or 2 stop over maybe
we could arrange something.

It might be possible to arrange home stays, rides, and sightseeing with
local Southern California riders.

Maybe the costs of extending a lay over would be too high to make it
worthwhile. I don't know.

Is there any interest in this from the local Southern California riders
and any unicyclists that might be travelling through Los Angeles for
Unicon?

--
ThisGuyIKnow
Old November 29th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I would be really really interested in this idea. I was already thinking
about going to LA for my birthday, but if I can combine the two it would
be even more awesome, probably save me some money as well.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old November 29th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

I would be more than happy to show everyone around to some great trails
in the LA area if I'm around as I might be heading to New Zealand a few
weeks early and possibly staying later. As it gets closer I'll know
more, but even if I'm not around I can recommend some sweet trails,
riders, homes to stay, etc.

--
unicycle6869

24X3 INSTENSE TIRES ON SALE
HERE!!! (\"HTTP://WWW.UNIPROSHOP.COM\")

'www.uniproshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
Old November 29th 08, 08:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munimutant

It would be great to have you guys in our area here. I'm about 90 min.
north of LA Airport, there are great trails here (Pt. Mugu State Park)
but I know there are also some nice trails much closer to the airport
that other locals are very familiar with. It would also be a blast to
ride through some streets in Santa Monica (like 3rd St. Prominade) then
take a spin down the beach bike path and head to the pier/amusement park
for lunch.

--
munimutant