"An Amazing[ly Stupid] Mountain Biker Is Dead"

Old March 19th 09, 12:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default "An Amazing[ly Stupid] Mountain Biker Is Dead"

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:50:53 -0700 (PDT), Jody
wrote:

On Mar 9, 4:44*am, Kayak44 wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:01*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 12:11:09 -0700 (PDT), Opus
wrote:

On Mar 8, 6:41 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Mike forgot about this and kept his to his head constantly.

Hey Mikey, how about this for logic, using the same train of thought
as your posts:

I was hit by a city pickup truck driven by a city employee, and the
police in the same city covered it up and said they never IDed the
truck. The also destroyed the physical evidence including the bits of
the truck removed from my body and claimed a truck striking a
bicyclist at 65 MPH would not have been damaged.

Ergo all city employees are criminals including the police. Does this
follow, or is it a case of over-generalization?

The latter. My posts are based on EVIDENCE.

Liar.

You haven't the balls to take on a real environmental problem. You are
nothing more than a glory whore.- Hide quoted text -

Sam Brown was my friend. He is an ordinary criminal like he was an
ordinary rider and trail builder. Anyone who would call Sam ordinary
is a lacklustre coward without the balls or imagination to do anything
with themselves except try to drag others down to make themselves feel
better about their own innane mediocrity. Read the article, he flew a
helicopter through a night storm to a remote clearing in a forest
alone, successfully. He was my friend and an amazing man, and just
plain incredibly capable. I really can't stand reading about all you
self righteous do nothing know nothing idiots flaming him online. If
you really think that marijuana is all that bad, go post on some
conservative or police website or go join crime stoppers or
something. Rest In Peace, Sam.

I never said it is bad. I said he was STUPID to do that. You can't
refute that, because it is OBVIOUS. He deserved to get arrested. In my
experience, ALL mountain bikers are criminals.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 19th 09, 05:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

On Mar 18, 8:08*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

In my experience, ALL mountain bikers are criminals.

That says nothing about mountain bikers. That just proves how woefully
limited your experience is, Dr. Vandeman.

It's a shame that you are too ignorant of the facts to see that for
yourself.

Old March 20th 09, 04:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:40:40 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 18, 8:08*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

In my experience, ALL mountain bikers are criminals.

That says nothing about mountain bikers. That just proves how woefully
limited your experience is, Dr. Vandeman.

It's a shame that you are too ignorant of the facts to see that for
yourself.

Scientific research proved that MOST (83% of) mountain bikers break
the law:
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/mtb76 .

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 20th 09, 06:35 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:

On Mar 18, 8:08*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

In my experience, ALL mountain bikers are criminals.

That says nothing about mountain bikers. That just proves how woefully
limited your experience is, Dr. Vandeman.

It's a shame that you are too ignorant of the facts to see that for
yourself.

Scientific research proved that MOST (83% of) mountain bikers break
the law:http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/mtb76.

Interesting article. I would be interested to see the results if this
study were replicated today to see if the education efforts have
improved matters over time.

But what does the conclusion that "MOST (83% of) mountain bikers break
the law" have to do with your experience that "ALL mountain bikers are
criminals?"

You left out the rationale for the other 17%.
Old March 21st 09, 05:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

On Mar 18, 8:08*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

In my experience, ALL mountain bikers are criminals.

That says nothing about mountain bikers. That just proves how woefully
limited your experience is, Dr. Vandeman.

It's a shame that you are too ignorant of the facts to see that for
yourself.

Scientific research proved that MOST (83% of) mountain bikers break
the law:
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/mtb76.

Interesting article. I would be interested to see the results if this
study were replicated today to see if the education efforts have
improved matters over time.

But what does the conclusion that "MOST (83% of) mountain bikers break
the law" have to do with your experience that "ALL mountain bikers are
criminals?"

You left out the rationale for the other 17%.

There's no contradiction. They found 83% criminals, in a single
experiment. I have found 100% in my observations. Either way, mountain

Old March 21st 09, 01:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

Default 100% of environmentalists are thieves.

wrote:

[...]

At a rally to protect the Quehanna Wild Area, I observed 3 out 3
environmentalists take Oreo cookies from a plate of cookies that were
reserved for a guest speaker. My observation of the event tells me
100% of environmentalists are criminals.

Old March 21st 09, 09:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

[...]

Of course it was a statistically insignificant observation, due to too
small a sample size. I, on the other hand, have observed thousands of
mountain bikers, including an illegally mountain biking idiot just 2
hours ago.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 22nd 09, 12:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

wrote:

[...]

I have observed thousands of environmentalists, they are all
criminals. Case closed.

Old March 22nd 09, 01:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:

[...]

I didn't claim there was a contradiction. Where did you "observe"
that? Were those the same "observation" skills you employed to reach
the false conclusion that "ALL mountain bikers are criminals?"

So I repeat, unchallenged, that your "observation" that "ALL mountain
bikers are criminals" says nothing about mountain bikers. That just
proves how woefully limited your experience is, Dr. Vandeman.

However, your revised statement "mountain bikers are criminals" is
duly noted, and I thank you for correcting your error and/or lie.