Campagnolo 10-sp. drivetrain: recommended chain

Old March 20th 05, 02:16 PM
Jeff S.

Default Campagnolo 10-sp. drivetrain: recommended chain

What chain is recommended for a Campagnolo (Centaur)10-speed triple
drivetrain? double (Chorus) drivetrain? The factors are shifting
speed/crispness and quietness. Thanks in advance for your response.

I had both Wippermann and Campy. Just curious if something else is magic or
things have really improved in the last 3 years. SRAM didn't have anything
at that time. I know of KMC, but now Shimano is also in the mix. There was
someone else with "black" in the name. Thanks again.

Old March 20th 05, 02:36 PM
Lou Holtman

Jeff S. wrote:
What chain is recommended for a Campagnolo (Centaur)10-speed triple
drivetrain? double (Chorus) drivetrain? The factors are shifting
speed/crispness and quietness. Thanks in advance for your response.

I had both Wippermann and Campy. Just curious if something else is magic or
things have really improved in the last 3 years. SRAM didn't have anything
at that time. I know of KMC, but now Shimano is also in the mix. There was
someone else with "black" in the name. Thanks again.

There is nothing magic about a chain. I use the Campy C10 chain and I
got very good mileage with it. Because of the good mileage (10k km) the
cost of the C10 chain isn't a factor so I don't bother trying something
else. Keep the chain clean and lubricated is far more important.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old March 20th 05, 03:37 PM
MSA

Lou Holtman wrote:
Jeff S. wrote:

What chain is recommended for a Campagnolo (Centaur)10-speed triple
drivetrain? double (Chorus) drivetrain? The factors are shifting
speed/crispness and quietness. Thanks in advance for your response.

I had both Wippermann and Campy.

What did you find wrong with the Wipperman?

--
Mark

Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before