Anyone feel stupid today?

Old July 2nd 03, 01:56 AM
Cinder Girl

Default Anyone feel stupid today?

"Cinder Girl" wrote in message
Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg

~CG

Thank you everyone for your support! Sadly, the wheel is not where I left
it. I'm sure it didn't just up and roll away by itself.

Now if everyone can just donate a spare spoke or something I'll get a new
wheel I'll even set up one of those begging websites.

Oh well, guess I will just have to go shopping! Surely I can go into the
bike shop and buy *only* the new wheel. Although I do need some new shorts
and a better seat and maybe some nifty new tools .....

~CG

Old July 2nd 03, 02:30 AM
Penny S.

Cinder Girl thoughtfully penned:
"Cinder Girl" wrote in message

not stupid just tired. We took the shake roof off today in prep for the 23
bundles being delivered tomorrow.

I am the queen of loading old crappy shakes that have dry rot, lichens, Mt
St Helens ash and Palouse loess all over them, into dump trucks. It was ok
to throw things all day.

Penny

Old July 3rd 03, 12:21 PM
Trentus

"Cinder Girl" wrote in message
Then this should make you feel better.

Went to unload the bike from the back of the car this morning. Bike is
there. Helmet is there. Pump is there.

Front Wheel? Nope. Not there.

One obviously silly question - why remove the wheel in the first place?
All my bikes fit on the car with the wheel attached. Even when I have all 4
bikes on the rack at the same time.

I did however drive off for a ride without my helmet in the car - right in
the middle of Magpie swooping season.
That certainly isn't the time to ride without a helmet (if there ever is a
time to ride without one) Those little buggers will on occassion take quite
a peice out of the back of your head with that sharp mongrel beak of theirs.
I was so concerned to be looking around and behind me the whole trip, just
waiting for an aerial attack, that I never really got to even begin enjoying
the ride.

Trentus

Old July 3rd 03, 08:35 PM
Stephen Baker

Sorni says:

'Anna gotta la vida, baby'

Hehe ;-)

"In a gada da vida" may be closer.....
Old July 4th 03, 12:46 AM
Stephen Baker

Sorni says:

gee, you must be OLD, S.B

And you're not far behind.... ;-P

Steve "almost as young as Sorni" B.
Old July 9th 03, 04:01 AM
OsirisBoarder

ya, i always feel stupid.

I got one.

I head out to the trail, going to meet a few buddys to ride with. So i
start driving down the dirt road, and WaCk, CrUnCh, BaNg A stupid f******
branch hit my bike that was on the roof of the SUV. Slam on the brakes, get
out of the car. not only was the branch totaled, so was the bike. I mean,
this was no ordanary branch, this is a almost 1' diameter branch. The wack:
bike hiting the branch, the Crunch: my bike getting slaudered, and bank, the
branch falling from the sky. Boy do i feal specail. No words could express
my, pain, suffering, sadness, anger (i could go on all day)