Just 130 votes needed for UDC

Old August 31st 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
señor coolguy

Default Just 130 votes needed for UDC

the 5 contestants who get taken to the next level present their case as
to why they should get the $100,000 to the forbes staff

--
señor coolguy

Bryan Waterman wrote:
oh, I think my everybone is broken...

Monty Python wrote:
Half a bee, philosophically, Must, ipso facto, half not be. But half
the bee has got to be Vis a vis, its entity. D'you see?

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 31st 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

I know it's kinda cheating, but if you have a laptop ad a PC you can
vote once on each.

--
maximus unius

dunawan wrote:
usually always

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 31st 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

maximus unius wrote:
I know it's kinda cheating, but if you have a laptop ad a PC you can
vote once on each.

We have 2 pcs and a laptop so that's three votes for me.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,*
My latest Vid: Afternoon Flatland Session 8/27/07
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63821
Rolling Giraffe Mount Tutorial
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63892
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 31st 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

NKahler wrote:
How is it going up?!?!!?

because the other competitors are going up faster
but it is at

109

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 31st 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Racenut

maximus unius wrote:
I know it's kinda cheating, but if you have a laptop ad a PC you can
vote once on each.

I have four PC's at home and two here at work

--
Racenut

*Unicycling is easier than falling off a log. So long as falling off is
the goal.*
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Does that mean 130 votes and they win the 100k?

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
señor coolguy

no, 130 votes and they have a 1 out of 5 chance to win it, instead of
the 1 out of 20

--
señor coolguy

Old September 1st 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniTyler

I just voted once on my desktop, and attempted to again on my laptop.
They are both connected to the same network.

When I opened up the link to vote on my notebook, it said I had already
voted.

I am guessing this is because Forbes recognizes returning voters based
on IP Address. Is this true?

I guess this reveals a fairly obvious flaw in the voting system: use a
proxy server, or continuously change your IP Address, and you can vote
unlimitedly. I'm sure you could hack it some other way, as well.

And no, I didn't hack it. For real. No, seriously. If I did, they'd
have somewhere around a million votes...

--
UniTyler

johnfoss wrote:
Butthole.

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

UniTyler wrote:
I just voted once on my desktop, and attempted to again on my laptop.
They are both connected to the same network.

When I opened up the link to vote on my notebook, it said I had already
voted.

I am guessing this is because Forbes recognizes returning voters based
on IP Address. Is this true?

I guess this reveals a fairly obvious flaw in the voting system: use a
proxy server, or continuously change your IP Address, and you can vote
unlimitedly. I'm sure you could hack it some other way, as well.

And no, I didn't hack it. For real. No, seriously. If I did, they'd
have somewhere around a million votes...

My laptop and PC are connected to the same system, and I had no problem
voting on both machines. im not computer-savy though so I have no idea
why.

--
maximus unius

dunawan wrote:
usually always

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 1st 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

what are we voting for?

--
CKCrowe

sprained wrist for the last 2 weeks, going to be out for at least
another week
Give a man fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is
warm for the rest of his life-so be set on fire for JESUS CHRIST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=unicrankflipMy Youtube Account
http://www.usenet.com

Help needed! Jack_C-B Unicycling 0 June 23rd 07 05:33 AM
A cop when I needed one Gooserider General 22 March 3rd 06 03:37 AM
Spoiler : Olympic votes elyob UK 38 July 7th 05 08:38 AM
Votes For The Worst Bike Of All Time ShopperBike UK 33 December 5th 03 01:30 PM
Help needed van Rossum UK 2 August 11th 03 05:34 PM