TdF: Bloody hell! What *did* you think of that? [SPOILER]

Old July 2nd 05, 06:31 PM
Simon Brooke

Default TdF: Bloody hell! What *did* you think of that? [SPOILER]

BLOODY hell!

I am not a Lance Armstrong fan but that was awesome. I was thinking that
maybe he would sort of cruise round this year just to fulfil his
contract, but obviously not.

What on earth to T Mobile do now?

;; when in the ****, the wise man plants courgettes

Old July 2nd 05, 07:24 PM
wafflycat

Default Bloody hell! What *did* you think of that? [SPOILER]

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
BLOODY hell!

I am not a Lance Armstrong fan but that was awesome. I was thinking that
maybe he would sort of cruise round this year just to fulfil his
contract, but obviously not.

What on earth to T Mobile do now?

He did rather stomp on Ullrich just a bit. Remarkable performance.

Cheers, helen s

Old July 2nd 05, 08:08 PM
Arthur Clune

Even more worryingly for the opposition, look at how many of the postal guys posted
fast times. It's going to be the blue train, all the way.

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

Old July 2nd 05, 09:20 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

At Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:31:03 +0100, message
was posted by Simon
Brooke , including some, all or none of the
following:

What on earth to T Mobile do now?

Play the long game. I think Vino is the man to watch.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old July 2nd 05, 10:01 PM
Tumbleweed

"Arthur Clune" wrote in message
Even more worryingly for the opposition, look at how many of the postal
guys posted
fast times. It's going to be the blue train, all the way.

Dont you mean Discovery Channel guys?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old July 2nd 05, 10:25 PM
Temp3st

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
At Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:31:03 +0100, message
was posted by Simon
Brooke , including some, all or none of the
following:

What on earth to T Mobile do now?

Play the long game. I think Vino is the man to watch.

Yeah - it's a long race and anything can happen.

Better to peek as you hit the mountains not on the first stage.

Plus it's also worth reminding folk that Jan almost died yesterday.

Wonder how fast your time would be 1 day after going through the back of a
vehicle?

Old July 2nd 05, 10:32 PM
Tony Raven

Temp3st wrote:

Plus it's also worth reminding folk that Jan almost died yesterday.

Typical helmetista. He gets a few minor scratches but because he wasn't
wearing a helmet is classed as having "almost died" ;-)

--
Tony

Anon
Old July 2nd 05, 10:51 PM
Martyn Bolt

Temp3st wrote:

Plus it's also worth reminding folk that Jan almost died yesterday.

What about the helmet splitting crash Lance has, which was reported in
cycling weekly, or that his team had to fetch him to the start as he
was out on the road?

Is it true the T mobile car had cream cakes on the back seat G

Martyn
Old July 2nd 05, 11:54 PM
Temp3st

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Temp3st wrote:

Plus it's also worth reminding folk that Jan almost died yesterday.

Typical helmetista. He gets a few minor scratches but because he wasn't
wearing a helmet is classed as having "almost died" ;-)

He went head first through a rear window.
I doubt very much that a helmet would protect him from a lacerated artery in
his throat.

Yes - he did only end up with a few minor scratches - but did you see the
car?
I don't know about you but that would have shaken me - I would probably have
taken the day off work.
Jan didn't have that opportunity.

Old July 3rd 05, 12:12 AM
Tony Raven

Temp3st wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

Temp3st wrote:

Plus it's also worth reminding folk that Jan almost died yesterday.

Typical helmetista. He gets a few minor scratches but because he wasn't
wearing a helmet is classed as having "almost died" ;-)

He went head first through a rear window.
I doubt very much that a helmet would protect him from a lacerated artery in
his throat.

Car windows are designed not to lacerate in case you hadn't noticed.

Yes - he did only end up with a few minor scratches - but did you see the
car?
I don't know about you but that would have shaken me - I would probably have
taken the day off work.
Jan didn't have that opportunity.

I did that twice as a lad in the days long before helmets made an
appearance. Once into a car and once into a caravan (don't ask) and in
both cases I walked home with little more than a bruised head and a
rather worse off bicycle.

Of course these days I would have been pronounced dead for not wearing a
helmet.

Tony

--
Tony

Anon

OT- but very funny Sniper8052 UK 24 November 19th 04 08:39 PM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
The Hell On Wheel Beauties muniracer Unicycling 19 May 28th 04 08:16 AM
Hell Ride (the Empire strikes back) Hitchy Australia 109 March 30th 04 03:27 AM
new Hell On Wheel trailer johnglazer Unicycling 26 November 20th 03 12:46 PM