Attention Shogun road bike experts

Old August 16th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Attention Shogun road bike experts

Hello everyone,

It seems that I've had the misfortune of having my bike stolen. I DO
have insurance, and I DID take photographs of my bike, however when I
was given the bike there were no model stickers on it (eg 5600, 6000,
etc.) nor did I do the smart thing of taking down the serial number.
So, to help me get things right with my insurance company and to see
just how much this bike was/is worth anyone that has any knowlege of
shogun road bikes please have a look at these photographs below and
send any clues or information my way that you're willing ot share.

Thank you in advance!

-Dean

bra target="_blank" href="http://bostoncarriage.net/dean/"Three
photo's here./abr
One's a detail of the badge just below the saddle. The quality is poor
but I thought it might help jog someone's memory.

Old August 16th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

HTML is not cooperating with me today. sorry!

-dean

Old August 16th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
Hello everyone,

It seems that I've had the misfortune of having my bike stolen. I DO
have insurance, and I DID take photographs of my bike, however when I
was given the bike there were no model stickers on it (eg 5600, 6000,
etc.) nor did I do the smart thing of taking down the serial number.
So, to help me get things right with my insurance company and to see
just how much this bike was/is worth anyone that has any knowlege of
shogun road bikes please have a look at these photographs below and
send any clues or information my way that you're willing ot share.

Stem shifters and "basic" Tange tubing. Probably an under $300 bike
from the late 70s/early 80s. Is your insurance for replacement value?
If so, use an inflation calculator and work from there.

One inflation calculator is he

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Were I you, I'd posit that the bike was ca 1979, priced at ~$275. that
will yield an inflation adjusted value of over $750.

Good luck!

Thank you in advance!

-Dean

bra target="_blank" href="http://bostoncarriage.net/dean/"Three
photo's here./abr
One's a detail of the badge just below the saddle. The quality is poor
but I thought it might help jog someone's memory.

Cyclist hit on beach road this morning 29/3/2006 PiledHigher Australia 43 April 5th 06 09:08 AM
Road, touring or cross bike? Yellowstone Yeti General 20 August 27th 04 03:43 AM
Some questions etc.. Douglas Harrington General 10 August 17th 04 02:42 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ kingsley Australia 4 December 14th 03 11:08 PM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM