Exercise bike or mag trainer?

Old August 21st 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Exercise bike or mag trainer?

I need a way to get good exercise in winter months

I was thinking abt buying a recumbent exer bike from
Schwinn

But could I get a good workout using a mag trainer?
Old August 21st 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Keiron

Sandy wrote in message
But could I get a good workout using a mag trainer?

A social intimate life will help.

Is that an offer?

Old August 22nd 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
res09c5t

I've ridden various Cyclops trainers and now own a Giant Tempo, which is a
spinning type bike..

I much prefer the Tempo. Much more solid and stable, especially for
out-of-the-saddle work, (I'm about 6'3 and 230) and it keeps my bike free
for quick rides when the off-season weather is good. A nice spinning bike
(there are other several good brands) also allows a lot of adjustability so
the fit and ride can be pretty similiar to your regular bike.

The big issue is cost. Mine cost $900-1000. Is it worth the money to you?
A mag trainer is a hundred or two. If you have an old bike, you could
dedicate it to the trainer.
Lyle

Old August 22nd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom The Great

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:05:28 +0200, Sandy wrote:

a écrit :
I need a way to get good exercise in winter months

I was thinking abt buying a recumbent exer bike from
Schwinn

But could I get a good workout using a mag trainer?

A social intimate life will help.

social?

Intimate?

LIFE?

Old August 22nd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

1. Riding a mag trainer is like a riding an unlubricated female. I
recommend
an exercise bike instead.

what do you mean?

here is bike I was looking at

http://tinyurl.com/l63vm

I like my YMCA membership a lot more than any rollers or trainer, for
the simple reason that the home can be kept free of exercise-induced
trauma. Including the trauma of using an expensive "whatever" as an
auxillary clothes hanger for the stuff that fits when you're fat.

But seriously, a Spin class, crappy Tomahawk bikes and silly
instructors and all, can be a great place to check in. Some days, they
have consecutive one-hour classes, so the choice to walk out or crawl
is all mine.

Plus the cardio room (bikes like the one in your link, treadmills,
steppers), free weights, machines, sauna, shower, and don't forget that
all-important social part, young man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znFn3...elated&search=

--D-y

Bike-friendly cities? cfsmtb Australia 8 July 31st 06 12:23 AM
May 6 NYC NBG Day to Honor Fallen Bike Activist Cycle America Recumbent Biking 0 April 11th 05 04:13 PM
Still Looking for a bike [email protected] UK 19 September 5th 04 10:25 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM