Wiggins criticizes Brunyeel

Old July 31st 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Wiggins criticizes Brunyeel

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:41:22 -0700, Dan Connelly

Sinkewitz fired after confession

Face it Bill, Smoke equals fire.

You cannot defend this sport they have let you down

Great: so imagine you get called into your boss's office, and he says someone reported seeing your Trek parked on a wheelchair ramp. He fires you, ignoring your claims of innocence. You search for jobs, but nobody will hire you, as word gets around.

Not just word, but policy of the association of employers.
--
JT
****************************
Old July 31st 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:59:25 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

Ironically, the best way (in my opinion) to expose and deal with the issue
of doping is to make the penalties for first-time offense and/or confession
*less* severe, and then go for the guilotine on the second offense.

I completely agree on the first offense, but am not so sure about the
second and others -- I think making them too severe will result in the
same sort of nonsense the second time around.

--
JT
****************************
Old August 1st 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:46:30 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:41:22 -0700, Dan Connelly

Sinkewitz fired after confession

Face it Bill, Smoke equals fire.

You cannot defend this sport they have let you down

Great: so imagine you get called into your boss's office, and he says someone reported seeing your Trek parked on a wheelchair ramp. He fires you, ignoring your claims of innocence. You search for jobs, but nobody will hire you, as word gets around.

Not just word, but policy of the association of employers.

They've formalized the schoolyard "cooties" taunt.

Ron

Old August 1st 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:27:28 -0700, Kurgan Gringioni
wrote:

On Jul 31, 1:52 pm, William Asher wrote:

Have you updated your Iraq casualties chart lately? Something interesting
is going on in that the U.S. casualty rate over the past month has
decreased but the British rate is still elevated, and that with the British
essentially confined to their base in Basra.

Dumbass -

It's because there has been an informal truce reached with the Sunnis
(basically the Baathists) who are turning their guns vs. Al Qaeda.

After they get done with AQ, then they'll turn them back on us.

Shhhhh, we'll be getting them ****ed off at Iran somewhere between now and then.

Ron
Old August 1st 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

On Jul 31, 5:39 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
The confession was after he left Discovery, of course, not before he was hired. It's not what he had done, it's what he had been reasonably proven to have done.

I agree with you (though since you had written that Basso *has* been
cleared, I assumed incorrectly that you were unaware of his subsequent
confession), but again, the Basso case as it has played out so far
makes it easier to black list based on smoke alone.

Old August 1st 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Dan Connelly" wrote in message
. net...

Great: so imagine you get called into your boss's office, and he says
someone reported seeing your Trek parked on a wheelchair ramp. He fires
you, ignoring your claims of innocence. You search for jobs, but nobody
will hire you, as word gets around.

Kind harsh punishment for riding a Trek, don'tcha think?

Old August 1st 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield

On 07/31/2007 11:41 AM, in article
, "Dan Connelly"
wrote:

Basso has been cleared by the Italian federation. You can't black-list people
on smoke.

Since when?

Last I heard, he was serving a 2 year ban.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old August 1st 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

wrote:

Basso has been cleared by the Italian federation. You can't black-list people
on smoke.

Since when?

Last I heard, he was serving a 2 year ban.

As of when he signed with Discovery. Basso is more than smoke now, obviously.
Old August 1st 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven L. Sheffield

On 07/31/2007 09:27 PM, in article
, "Dan Connelly"

wrote:

Basso has been cleared by the Italian federation. You can't black-list
people
on smoke.

Since when?

Last I heard, he was serving a 2 year ban.

As of when he signed with Discovery. Basso is more than smoke now, obviously.

Ah ... "had been cleared", not "has been cleared" ... makes sense now.