unicycling is not for clowns

Old August 14th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
themunkyuni

Default unicycling is not for clowns

hey people,
im really annoyed at people who see me unicycle and think its for
clowns.
one lady saw me the other day and said o thats a new toy, are u going
to join the circus.

dont u get annoyed at people who dont understand that unicycling is an
extreme sport.

tell me your experiences.

thanks
the munky uni!

--
themunkyuni
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
NKahler

I haaaaaaaaaaaaate it when people say that.......

Well.. I can understand why someone would say that if you were on a
giraffe or something, but when your riding just like a normal sized
unicycle it sucks

--
NKahler

______________________________
Check out some of my stuff!

http://nkahler.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

NKahler wrote:
I haaaaaaaaaaaaate it when people say that.......

Well.. I can understand why someone would say that if you were on a
giraffe or something, but when your riding just like a normal sized
unicycle it sucks

Well when i sometimes ride my friends 7ft giraffe people......
*1*) Look and ask how i ride it, i tell them it's easier then it looks.

or if

*2*) Try to make fun of me. I give one giant stare that looks like i'm
crushing their soul from within and they turn around and run.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT.

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 08:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

Hazmat wrote:
Well when i sometimes ride my friends 7ft giraffe people......
*1*) Look and ask how i ride it, i tell them it's easier then it looks.

or if

*2*) Try to make fun of me. I give one giant stare that looks like i'm
crushing their soul from within and they turn around and run. If that
doesn't work, then i roll my eyes back and starting going demonic on
them.

Option 2 sounds much more fun

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendonv

OMG i hate it. Everyone one from my family and friends n stuff r like, "
are you joining the circus?" arggg so annoying.

And wen ever you uni outside ppl always stare at you.
Lol.
From Brendon.v

--
brendonv

Skaters and Bikers are just jealous that there not skilled enough
to ride with one wheel

Add me on myspace: www.myspace.com/brendon_09

Add me on Aim: brendonv101
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mill_mobile

Yeah, i have just started to juggle too and my dad always jokes about me
going to join the circus.
I get it a bit when people first find out i unicycle too - although
once they actually see me do small hops and that they soon shut up

--
mill_mobile
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 10:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mcnuggets300

im pretty sure everyone gets this all the time so ive found the easiest
way to answer these questions is with real simple, no failing easy
tricks like foot drop
or hopping up a few stairs

--
mcnuggets300

New Qu-Ax Trials = Euphoric

~''~ Unicycle for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ~''~
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JohnnyReggae

It unfortunately happens all the time. I get it a lot when I am out
juggling, and obviously when Unicycling. This is because people
associate unicycling and juggling with the circus.

It's going to happen, just deal with it. I find the best thing to say
is. "Yes". People don't seem to be interested in long explanations on
that it's fun, or it's good exercise, etc... Just say "Yes" and move
on, because that's what they actually want to hear.

--
JohnnyReggae
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
themunkyuni

whats a foot drop?

--
themunkyuni
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 14th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Sorry, you would expect a little old lady to know of the imergence of
what is a tiny fringe sport?

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

unicycling clowns wowunicycle Unicycling 5 March 18th 06 04:28 PM
unicycling clowns trials_uni Unicycling 0 March 18th 06 12:34 AM
Drug clowns TritonRider Racing 2 August 14th 04 05:09 AM
What's the big deal with clowns? kraze Unicycling 21 June 8th 04 10:45 PM
Clowns gpickett00 Unicycling 17 March 3rd 04 10:18 PM